Fish and Chips

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Fish and Chips

Post by Dannie Boy »

Certainly looks good - how much did they relieve you of for the delicacy?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

We recon the fish cost B17 and the chips B10 per portion.....plus some Chang export and flour that was lying around!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Aw Chris. ...you gave the game away
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I like the look of those onion rings (if that's what they are). The F&C looks good to. Is that an actual photo of the food from the place? And can you offer better directions than "some kilometers up Palau Road" as well as opening and closing hours (or a phone number where I can find out myself).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I suspect it's Nokyai's house, hhf!
This is the way
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

Its been a long time, so I thought I'd revive this thread - Since the closing of Bar Tender I have not really enjoyed decent F&Cs. Lins is OK but it is a long way from "proper" F&Cs. So come on guys, where now for the best fish and chips in HH ??
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

They may not be the f&c's that you'd find in the uk, but the serving at Cool Breeze in town is the best I've had.

Breadcrumb batter but beautifully done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

sinatras 102 best in town IMO
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Got takeaway from Barry in soi 80 last night... my dad doesnt eat so much anymore but he got stuck into these big time. Honestly they were great.. I did manage to steal some.. best Ive had for a longtime.

Had F and C a few weeks ago in the place beside Villa - 2 small fillets served with french fries :shock: , they did a nice tartare sauce with peas and mint, bargain at 400 baht :roll:, I expected to pay more than average maybe 280 - 300 but 400 baht was just way outa line. I do like the food there and will go again but noot for F and C. Barry charged 160 baht for at least double the food and double as good!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I almost never eat at hom and am a long way from barry's. His is not a place designed for pleasant eating, are there bars around there where you can take the food if you are buying drinks.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

oakdale160 wrote:I almost never eat at hom and am a long way from barry's. His is not a place designed for pleasant eating, are there bars around there where you can take the food if you are buying drinks.

any bar would be happy to give you a table, see many in Dragon with their F&C
john2211
Novice
Novice

Post by john2211 »

Does someone have the number in Soi 94?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

So I finally took the advice of the forum and had fish dinner from Victoria on soi 80, as advised I ordered and went to dragon bar that is opposite ordered a beer and the food was delivered. Fish was the best, thick and moist, the batter was thin, crisp and not at all fatty. I have never quite got the British taste for mushy peas, but now I understand, quite tasty. I did not have chips as I never eat them, but the fish and peas were great. Eating with plastic implements out of a styroform container is a negative. I think I will take a plate and K & F with me next time.
Then another couple of beers and home at10 as"suggested"
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Just ask the staff in the bar to borrow knife & fork etc, all bars have them as the girls need them to eat their daily fix of somtam, noodle soup etc.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Pagey wrote:Just ask the staff in the bar to borrow knife & fork etc, all bars have them as the girls need them to eat their daily fix of somtam, noodle soup etc.
plus Barry has them as well but he is a miserable git and you may get short shrift