Fish and Chips

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Fish and Chips

Post by richard »

Time JW HHF and I visited and post our findings

How far up 94 is it?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

Doesn't seem to be many chips on the plate in that picture. Still I'll give at a go.

For breakfast you surely can't beat the 150 baht breakfast at Lin's Cafe on Petchkasem Road.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Is that brown/wholmeal bread in the photos? And if so, do you get a choice of white bread?
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

I dont think the picture of the fish and chips does it justice, I struggled to finish mine and the missus gave up on it, next time I go in I'll tell pin to change the picture.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Lins beats the sh1t out in quality and size of portions IMO (only seen the pics)

Breakfasts bigger and mushrooms and fried bread, orange juice and a banana included and F&C a double fish portions not many can finish

Check it out

Best F&C in HH IMO is Victoria up 80. Real beer batter, real chips and real (soaked overnight) mushies
:duck: :duck: :duck:
Last edited by richard on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Blimey, Richard, when did you eat at Bar Tender?
This is the way
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

dtaai-maai wrote:Blimey, Richard, when did you eat at Bar Tender?
He won't, a fryup just isn't the same without a Banana. :?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

BaaBaa. wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:Blimey, Richard, when did you eat at Bar Tender?
He won't, a fryup just isn't the same without a Banana. :?
Fritter? :mrgreen:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

It looks cheap, but in my opinion the chips looked overcooked and maybe greasy? I suppose it depends on what sort potato you use. Not sure what types are available in Thailand , very important when making chips 8)
I suppose it depends on the quality of the sausage too :P Must be a good one, for me anyway, you never know what goes in them today :P My late mother called them "Mystery bags" :?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Why on earth do people want to say negative things about a place they've never been to? It must be hard enough running a business here already.

If you like another business that provides a similar service, start another thread full of praise.

If someone says something positive about a place, please don't feel obliged to then say:
a. yes, but the place next door is twice as good
or
b. but it's more expensive than so and so
or
c. anything else negative

...at least until you've actually been there and tried it for yourself! :banghead:
This is the way
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

dtaai-maai wrote:Why on earth do people want to say negative things about a place they've never been to? It must be hard enough running a business here already.

If you like another business that provides a similar service, start another thread full of praise.

If someone says something positive about a place, please don't feel obliged to then say:
a. yes, but the place next door is twice as good
or
b. but it's more expensive than so and so
or
c. anything else negative

...at least until you've actually been there and tried it for yourself! :banghead:
I will certainly try it :) The breakfast photos look good..if they are as good as the photos..well done for keeping the prices low :thumb:

I think they should change the photo of the chips :naughty: as it is not the best picture of chips...IMO :duck:
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

richard wrote:Richard & Lins beats the sh1t out in quality and size of portions IMO (only seen the pics)
Except Lins was closed for the day when the OP had his meal :?

They're two different types of establishments Richard, it's totally wrong imo to jump in on a positive thread about a new business that's finding it's feet telling people to 'check out' so&so's who beat the 'sh1t' out of their meals. Lin's is an established cafe restaurant and good at what they do, I use it and not trying to knock them at all, but long after they've gone home for the day we can go to this type of establishment and have an allday breakfast or F&C while sitting on a sofa watching the night's Premiership match.

Cafe's are in & out places for me personally so sometimes you bump into a local you know, sometimes not. These 'family' bar-come-restaurant places you can spend a few hours or more in, and have a few beers and games of pool with locals you know while waiting to be tossed your banana for the night.That beats having the meal in a cafe for me, but if I want a quick meal while reading the paper a cafe would win hands down. Horses for course, bananas for Tykes or whatever the heck the phrase is.

It's very much a Jungle Juice/Dick's Office/Oasis type of place, of which we could do with more of imo, comparisons with a Lin's/Victoria's are misleading imo.

SJ
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

SJ and DM

I was merely supporting alleycats statement

I use many places for breaky and meals and all have their strengths and weaknesses. I am not intent on knocking anyone's business. I know how hard they struggle. I just post based on my opinion. OK? We are allowed to express our opinions aren't we??

Hey... One mans meat is another mans poison and if you (as I'm sure you both will) scan my posts you will see my opinions change (I'm not self-opinionated :laugh: ). All places have ups and downs and after being here for 10 years plus, I've experienced the changes an establishment can go through overnight.

I might add, many off the places I have previously blown a trumpet about have fallen by the wayside.

Chill out guys :rasta: :cheers: :cheers: Nobody on this forum IMO is intent on ruining anybodies business
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Richard, I can't work out if you're missing the point deliberately or not. :?

Oh, and one thing I promise you I will never do is scan your posts... :thumb:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

richard wrote:Time JW HHF and I visited and post our findings

How far up 94 is it?
The "Three Amigos" was cr@p ........ would be interested to know who's who though!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.