Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Post by oakdale160 »

in the us there are 2 sorts of fried egg. Sunny side up and over easy. in the second, just before serving the egg is flipped so the thin covering of white over the yolk gets cooked and goes white. the worst thing is that US bacon is thin, stringy and very fatty. they have a bacon that is called Canadian bacon that is more like the UK/Danish bacon.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

oakdale160 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:40 pm in the us there are 2 sorts of fried egg. Sunny side up and over easy. in the second, just before serving the egg is flipped so the thin covering of white over the yolk gets cooked and goes white. the worst thing is that US bacon is thin, stringy and very fatty. they have a bacon that is called Canadian bacon that is more like the UK/Danish bacon.
Don't forget over medium and over hard eggs. Also these days it's not hard to find thick cut bacon which is much meatier as you can probably guess. You can find some pretty good meat to fat ratio bacon in the US nowadays.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Can we keep this about a "good" American/English breakfast in Hua Hin please? :offtopic:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The best breakfasts (American style) I had over there were always from Canadian owned bars. Sadly, the three I used to visit for breakfast are all closed now.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Notice the word "hotel" in this description. That means it is a pre-cooked buffet style breakfast. The worst example of an American breakfast.

American breakfast
A hotel breakfast that includes most or all of the following: two eggs (fried or poached), sliced bacon or sausages, sliced bread or toast with jam/jelly/butter, pancakes with syrup, cornflakes or other cereal, coffee/tea, orange/grapefruit juice. Also called American style breakfast. See also continental breakfast and English breakfast.

A good example of American breakfast is: (not all at once)

Eggs (cooked to order)
Potatoes (hashbrown or homefries)
Meat (actual sausage vs Thai hotdogs, or ham, or country ham steak (very salty), or bacon, or mix of the above)

Biscuits and sausage gravy
Pancakes with syrup
Waffles with syrup
French toast with syrup
Coffee (not espresso or chocolate milk with caffiene)

Juice
Water
Toast (butter, jam, jelly)
Milk (real not soy or other plant based version)
Cereal
Oatmeal
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I just had B/F at El Murphy's. One thing I like you can pick your items, each 25B, I had bacon,Sausage, Black pud, scrambled eggs and beans---really filled the plate, and a cup of tea---149B. BKK post and UK newspapers while you are waiting. I am sure I am not alone, for dinner at night I ALWAYS eat Thai food but for B/F I've got to have the food that my mother cooked.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

current fave is petite cafe on soi sa song. 160b for special breakfast= 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 toast, baked beans, fried potatoes. also have English, American and continental options.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

oh and fried tomato
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

IMG_20170315_132048.jpg
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Those potatoes look lovely. Too much overall for me to eat, but my son's a growing lad and could help me out :wink: . Problem is, where is Soi Sa Song please?

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Looks great, if I can get it American style, no tomatoes and no beans. Lol
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

The English breakfast sure looks substantial, + hash browns, some other things + tea, juice, etc. I haven't looked at the American breakfast.

Soi Sa Song runs parallel to Phetkasem from 76-72, you can walk straigh through the old mall from P'kasem, then Petit cafe is immediately on your left when you come out the other side.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, got it - thanks :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

An old(ish) thread, but being as today is a Bank Holiday, we went for a family breakfast at Joes Bar on Soi 94. We'd heard the cook from Oasis (my previous favourite breakfast place) had moved there.

I and my wife had the regular breakfast (149 Baht), and my son had the fatboy version (199 Baht). Included real sausages and bacon (not the plastic stuff many places sell), a lovely slice of black pudding, fried potato, beans, tomato and eggs and came with toast & jam, coffee and orange (and that's just the regular). It was excellent, and yes, we'll probably go again.

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Place across from Starbucks in Bluport serves an excellent breakfast. Will even delete the beans and tomato if you ask. Sausage was excellent. Would love to know name to look for and werr..