WHERE TO BUY ORGANIC FOOD IN HUA HIN AREA

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
shakin' boxcar joe

WHERE TO BUY ORGANIC FOOD IN HUA HIN AREA

Post by shakin' boxcar joe »

Are there any shops or markets that sell food (fruit and veg) that are uncontaminated by chemicals, pesticides or nuclear waste.

Most food production in thailand relies on the excessive use of chemicals and pesticides and it would be good to know of an outlet in hua hin that sells non-poisonous food.

Thanks for any recommendations.
shakin' boxcar joe.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

If you come from the road past City Beach hotel and turn to left from the lights, there's a little air-con shop selling veggies and fruits. I think they have what you want. Sorry, can't remember the name.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes, that's a good shop. I also can't remember the name, but its sandwiched between two banks opposite the municipal ofices. Get decent brussel sprouts in there sometimes
There's also "The Golden Place" - I think that's what it's called. On Petchkasem road, just before you get to The Royal Palace. On the right, heading out of town. I'm sure someone once told me that fresh produce was from royal land, so probably organic. Always full of rich Thais.
shakin' boxcar joe

Post by shakin' boxcar joe »

thanks for the replies.
Get decent brussel sprouts in there sometimes
i havent crossed half the world to eat fcking brussels sprouts , organic or not , so i will leave those for you !! :D
shakin' boxcar joe.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bloody hell. Here am I in HH having chosen to live here mainly due to the availability of brussel sprouts, greasy English breakfasts, potatoes and good old Sunday roast dinners.
Or maybe I'll go out and get some noodle soup and somtam later :P