GUINESS

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

GUINESS

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I had a guiness the other day at Crawfords in Cha am and it reminded me of old Blighty. So I decided to seek out the same in Hua Hin.
The Guiness in the road Hole is Malaysian brewed and to be honest is quite good, they keep the cask's in a chest freezer which is novel but seems to work ok. 160bht a pint seems a fairish price.
Next was the Dubliner. They dont sell draft guinnes but have genuine widgit type cans imported from Dublin. As you would expect it tastes excellent but at 230bht a can.......eek.
John Crawford is soon to open a joint venture opposite the London bar and I suspect the guiness will be the same price as his Cha am establishment, 160bht a pint. The quality is also very good.
Maby one day we will see real ale....ooh just the thought.
Any other reports out there of bars selling the black stuff? :cheers:
www.35mmview.com
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Road Hole, not too far from Dubliner and the new Irish bar have Guiness on tap as well.
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Guinness etc

Post by Ken »

Crawford's in Hua Hin is slowly being built and we hope to be open end of June.......please Mr Builder. We will sell draft Guinness, Kilkenny Ale, Heineken and Tiger. We have had to revise our plans as architect had our beer cold room too far away from the pumps. Now well sorted thanks to builder.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Crawfords in Hua Hin?

If my memory serves me right was it not going to be called Bennetts???

Ken a bit optimistic with your opening date but who cares as long as the beer is free on opening night. :cheers:
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Crawford's of Cha Am and Hua Hin

Post by Ken »

We were going to call it Bennett's after one of my partners and our Ltd Company is still called Bennett Irish Enterprises. However, we decided to do a joint venture with Crawford's in Cha Am after forming a really good friendship and I think excellent business relationship with John the owner. Increased buying power, joint advertising & identity, shared ideas & experiences, were just a few of the reasons.

Yes, late June is optimistic and we will not compromise on standards to save time. At bar every day willing the guys on - well in London bar looking over, as you know. Wij's sales of coffee and coke must have rocketed in past 2 weeks!!

We will have an official opening night and yes there will be some free food and drink. But much to do before then.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

self promo

Post by Lev »

Ken wrote:Crawford's in Hua Hin is slowly being built and we hope to be open end of June.......please Mr Builder. We will sell draft Guinness, Kilkenny Ale, Heineken and Tiger.
We will let this go for now but bar self promotion is not permitted on this board as we now have our own sponsors. If you wish to advertise and become one of them please see the Media Kit

Thanks
HHAD
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Ken

Forget the opening date for the time being, just set up a few kegs outside now and give us free beer,

I am sure this will attract the local ex pats and also holidaymakers.

This way you will have regulars even before you open. :thumb:

I understand your idea about the two bars but it does remind me of an ad I saw on the back of a tuk-tuk.

Tropical Hill 2 , Not just another housing development!!!!!!!!!!!

You see where I am going.

Anyway Ken goodluck and think about the kegs. :cheers:

Mike.