Pizza

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Huahinmichael
Novice
Novice

Re: Pizza

Post by Huahinmichael »

Sorry to say, but Pizza Hut still has the best pizza in HH.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Have you tried Bon Appetite on soi 80? Also The Pizza Garden on soi 94.

They are the best 2 places I have found here for pizza.

I can't class Pizza Company or Pizza Hut as anywhere near 'real pizza', but each to his own I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Even Pizza Company is better than Pizza Hut...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Horses for courses.

I was describing the location of my favourite Pizza place to an acquaintance recently and he asked "Is it as good as The Pizza Company". I chuckled at first before realizing he was being serious!

As for Pizza Hut - Well there isn't one anywhere near Hua Hin as far as I'm aware so yea. I don't think I've ever had a Pizza Hut in Thailand so couldn't say if it's as bad as the ones back in the UK. I had a Dominos in Bangkok once; was pretty peeved that they didn't have Jalapeño peppers though!
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I think a couple a years ago pizza hut and the pizza company was neighbors, but for me same same c..b

:cheers: :cheers:
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Where the heck is Pizza Hut ? I have lived here 2 years and never seen one. I must be going blind, thought I had been down most main roads.

I wouldn't even call what they serve at Pizza Company Pizza. It's hideous..
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

bsdk1960 wrote:I think a couple a years ago pizza hut and the pizza company was neighbors, but for me same same c..b

Pizza hut closed and is not in hua hin anymore

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

bsdk1960 wrote:Pizza hut closed and is not in hua hin anymore
That good, eh? :D
Talk is cheap
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

caller wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:Pizza hut closed and is not in hua hin anymore
That good, eh? :D
I not use any of them,only when my wife insist,really don,t understand why so many thai likes them.
Pizzas at magic ballon park is great :munch: :munch:

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Yes, if I recall correctly (which is not garanteed at my age) Pizza Hut was the first fast food pizza in Hua Hin. Pizza Company came a few years later and after 5 or 6 years of both operating in the same block of Phetkasem Road, the popularity of the latter put Pizza Hut out of business. I ate pies from both in my early years here and it was understandable to me as Pizza Company had far superior food.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

hhfarang wrote:Yes, if I recall correctly (which is not garanteed at my age) Pizza Hut was the first fast food pizza in Hua Hin. Pizza Company came a few years later and after 5 or 6 years of both operating in the same block of Phetkasem Road, the popularity of the latter put Pizza Hut out of business. I ate pies from both in my early years here and it was understandable to me as Pizza Company had far superior food.
Your memory serves you well :D

From 1980 to 2000, Minor Group was Thailand's Pizza Hut franchisee. However, a dispute erupted when Tricon Global complained that Minor had violated the franchise agreement by introducing food ingredients into their product that did not comply with the standard menu set for all Pizza Hut outlets. Minor also acquired the franchise for “Chicken Treat” and Tricon, accused Minor of violating its franchise agreement because Chicken Treat would compete against Tricon's KFC brand.

An 11-month lawsuit began and ended in 2000 with an out-of-court settlement that saw Minor divorce itself from the Pizza Hut brand and reopen all of its 116 stores under The Pizza Company badge in 2001

Pizza Hut has since of opened new outlets in Thailand and has tried, but so far been unsuccessful, to regaining the market share they enjoyed under the Minor franchise agreement.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Interesting corporate battle there.

I think the Pizza Company are also responsible for Swensens and Sizzler?

I was always told that it was an American behind it all? Bloke has captured a massive section of the market if that is the case, nice to hear a success story once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Henry 14th wrote:Interesting corporate battle there.

I think the Pizza Company are also responsible for Swensens and Sizzler?

I was always told that it was an American behind it all? Bloke has captured a massive section of the market if that is the case, nice to hear a success story once in a while.
Born American but now a Thai citizen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Heinecke
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ More detail about the Minor Group: http://www.minorinternational.com/Home/Index.php
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Hi
I just got back from eating a pizza at coco beach club, near the hilton hotel. It was a 12-inch and made with very good quality toppings, i had the pepperoni as its their world cup special, not on the normal menu, very good value at 222Bahts.
The drinks are very much night club prices rather then bar prices (60 bahts for a can of Sprite) but for 300 bahts including a small tip is still good value. It seems to be run/owned by an american man, nice person.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D