Best Current Data Sim From BKK Airport (Non Tourist Sim)

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
puthsardarade
Novice
Novice

Best Current Data Sim From BKK Airport (Non Tourist Sim)

Post by puthsardarade »

Hi,

I need a mobile data sim with unlimited data for 15-16 days from BKK airport.

I understand I can go to DTAC and obtain a happy tourist sim package for around 600b for 14/15 days, but I have read it would be most cost effective to purchase a sim for 49-99b and then applying a promotion for mobile data for around 99b for 7 days and 199b for 14 days approx.

Can anyone please advise on promo codes I could use for the various network providers and if any of the airport booths will sell me a sim only as I think most will say we only sell the tourist sim packages?

I don't mind going to a seven eleven or someone else in the airport?

I plan to use the sim in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Koh Samui and Chiang Mai - all split fairly even durations.

Also would all the providers packages allow me to obtain a 10% discount for the ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin?
On https://www.royalferrygroup.com/ - they have listed a 10% promo for each provider but I need to do something perhaps to enable this promotion?

Thanks in advance
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Best Current Data Sim From BKK Airport (Non Tourist Sim)

Post by Homer »

I suspect practically all reading this forum couldn't tell you the last time they ever thought about buying a sim at the airport. We're expats, not tourists. Where are you staying your first night in country? Except for the most high end malls, they all have one or more stores for the 3 top mobile service providers.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I would avoid those phone kiosks in the arrivals part of the airport as they're always very busy, try going down two levels to the rail station where there is a Family Mart and some other shops, I'm pretty sure you'll find a basic SIM card there.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Have Family Marts and 7-11s sold prepaid sims since sellers were required to record the buyer's passport info ?
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Homer wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:02 pm Have Family Marts and 7-11s sold prepaid sims since sellers were required to record the buyer's passport info ?
yes but they require your passport to register..
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Homer wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:02 pm Have Family Marts and 7-11s sold prepaid sims since sellers were required to record the buyer's passport info ?
You can even buy Thai SIM cards off Amazon.de here in Europe if you're prepared to pay a bit more for them.