Looking for an alternative to True

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: Looking for an alternative to True

Post by Big Boy »

The bad news is that as soon as I asked I View for a free trial, they have gone quiet - that was 3 days ago.

I will hasten them, but their previous enthusiasm seems to have gone.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, I've now sent I View another hastener - they don't seem interested.

If anybody has any success, and you think the service is good, please tell me how you managed it.

Looks as though I'm stuck with True because they are the only viable service that can provide live streaming to my standard.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've used Kodi with various free builds for some time now however the caveat is that it needs a fair bit of technical knowledge to setup, research to keep updated, and a lot of patience. But then reading this thread indicates you need more patience to deal with True!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

True is wonderful, until it comes to paying the bill. I turn up on the said day every month to pay my bill - that's when the trouble starts. There is no bill, so they make something up.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:28 pm Well, I've now sent I View another hastener - they don't seem interested.

If anybody has any success, and you think the service is good, please tell me how you managed it.

Looks as though I'm stuck with True because they are the only viable service that can provide live streaming to my standard.
Absolutely nothing back from I View. As soon as I requested my free trial, they shut up like a clam. This is after reams of communication telling me why they were better than the rest. Very strange - I guess quality wise, there's nobody that can compete with True.

Points 41; Position 18
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

BB - I know you’ve tried and failed with HD Prime, but after similar experiences with the girls at the True office, the frustrations with HD Prime do not come close to those I faced down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm regularly talking to several friends using HD Prime. They have become so frustrated with HD Prime, they were awaiting the outcome of my free I View trial. They too are desperate to find something useable.

As I keep saying, I am delighted with my solution at the moment, it is only the monthly trauma of paying my bill that I hate. I try not to go into the shop, but when they put messages on my screen telling me to pay up or else, I feel I have to go in, and I know producing receipts proving that I have paid is futile.

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

BB - Surely it is possible to pay True every 3,6 or 12 months and then you would not have to go to their office? Or have I missed the point that even if you have paid in advance they still put a threat close message on your screen?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Probably a waste of time, but it may make you feel better. Remember the carry on that you had with the Ford Dealer in Hua Hin?

Also a waste of time trying to use their call centre number.

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/contactus?ln=en
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PET wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:52 am BB - Surely it is possible to pay True every 3,6 or 12 months and then you would not have to go to their office? Or have I missed the point that even if you have paid in advance they still put a threat close message on your screen?
I always pay, and I pay on time. However, every few months the message appears and despite having receipts, I have to pay again. I only go inside, when the message appears, and it's time time to be ripped off again.

Last time they gave the excuse that my payment date had moved forward, which means the previous month my month's payment lasted for 2 weeks instead of a month.

It pleases me to hear Henry 14th had similar experiences with them - I am not alone.

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

It may mean a change of internet provider too, but have you had a look at the AIS packages? I don't know if they have the channels you want or not, but details of the ones available and pricing are available here (you need to click the confusingly named "for additional channels" link to actually see which packages contain which channels.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks Pleng, but my prime requirement is a decent live Premier League stream. I couldn't find that on the listings. Nice try though :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
duan

Post by duan »

I share your frustration with the True offices.
I pay annually and have learned that the best policy is to call True’s Accounts department and agree the figure with them before going into the shop and if necessary calling the Accounts department from the shop. Sometimes the office staff are frightened by the threat to call the head office but not always.It helps if you can’t speak Thai to take a Thai speaker with you to the office.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:27 pm Thanks Pleng, but my prime requirement is a decent live Premier League stream. I couldn't find that on the listings. Nice try though :thumb:
Do FOX not carry the Premier League?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, they do, thank you. The pop up for the Fox Sports didn't seem to advertise it - I assumed it would be a major selling point. What the pop up showed didn't do it for me at all. Drilling down further looked encouraging, in fact for me, probably better than True.

Prices don't seem too bad either - I'll have to nip into the shop to enquire further.

Points 41; Position 18