Looking for an alternative to True

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: Looking for an alternative to True

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:

Not True's fault, they post it every month :? OK, so how much do I owe? Oh, computer doesn't know (I'd love to see the bill), I have to work it out.

I did consider various True Packages, but nobody could give me what I wanted 100% - I do mix and match these days, and I'm delighted with what I've got. I see no point in paying for something I'd never watch.

I sit outside the shop on the same day each month while Mrs BB pays the bill......... until they decide it's time to overcharge again.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Try I VIEWHD 900 Bhat a month 2500 Bhat for 3 months works for me so far after 2 weeks usage.
Same more or less than the now defunct Expat Tv plus all Sky sports and BT Sport and 7 day catchup.
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

Yep, take them in some peanuts!!!! :thumb: :laugh:
[/quote]

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. - Robert J. Hanlon
MY in BS full of BS.
“When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.” Stephen Jay Gould
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I got rid of True because we weren't really watching TV anymore after getting broadband internet but I never had any problems with paying, we had it for about three years and it was the same price every month.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Highflyer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:01 am Try I VIEWHD 900 Bhat a month 2500 Bhat for 3 months works for me so far after 2 weeks usage.
Same more or less than the now defunct Expat Tv plus all Sky sports and BT Sport and 7 day catchup.
Do they do a free trial? I've tried so many of these where the standard is, at best, poor. I make my judgement based on the quality of live football.

As I said, I went to a highly recommended multi-screened bar just before the New Year to watch the footie with a friend. The standard was poor, with the owner switching between providers. Both providers had a different time lapse, so some switches we were getting a repeat and others we were losing a large chunk of the game.

[Edit] I've just seen on their Facebook Page that they do a free trial, so I have requested details. I will report back on success.

Points 41; Position 18
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Answer yes I received a 3 day free pass, then purchased through bank transfer at Blueport, 2 accounts available.
Now as we all know nowt is easy in Thailand, you will need to go on their web site and download the app required for TV, pad or PC, I use my smart TV so it's the one with the RED icon.
I sent all correspondence through there e/mail add below
sales@iviewhd.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, thanks - I've written to them already. Just waiting for a response.

Points 41; Position 18
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

I bought an android box from Lazada for around $40 (Aus) downloaded Swift Streams. It has a sports channel with enormous amounts of channels all around the world. I just watched the Ashes Test Match on BT Sports 1. If your into soccer, they have plenty of channels to choose.
I also downloaded Terrarium which gives the latest movies. Well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've got android boxes - they don't do it for me. Sport feeds need to be doctored. Until now, I've only known 365 Sport do it successfully. I'm hoping I View HD have the same technology.

Points 41; Position 18
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Hi Big Boy, forgot to say I use my android minix box I purchased when I had Expat UK TV, works perfect for me ,so no need to buy IVIEWHD box.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I view are talking, and they are saying the right things. I hope their system works out as good as they talk. I would really like to get away from the face of True - their shop assistants. 80% are not upto the job/disinterested. The other 20% are luck of the draw if you get them - I rarely do. Nobody in the shops takes charge, so there is no discipline amongst the staff.

Points 41; Position 18
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JWWhite wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:32 am Yep, take them in some peanuts!!!! :thumb: :laugh:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. - Robert J. Hanlon
[/quote]

Yeah, whatever- RZR :wink:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

Hi Big Boy, Quite happy to install the download for you. I did not have any problems like doctoring. Just used browser and typed Swift Streamz apk downloaded it , went back to app installer
and downloaded it . When finished, open
and there it is in your apps on your android box!!!!! Easy and as say you like to watch
Soccer... many many choices and at no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 pm I view are talking, and they are saying the right things. I hope their system works out as good as they talk.
I've been using iviewHD+ for the last 3 months or so. All UK and sports channels and even Irish channels :D plus many other countries.

At that time, there were 2 packages:
iviewHD - the cheaper one without catch-up and
iviewHD+ with catch-up

I have iviewHD+ and have been very happy with the service so far. It rarely freezes and, when it does happen occasionally, it doesn't last long or I flick to another channel and back and it's fine.

I paid around USD 180 for the year.
And yes, it does run through an Android box, but it's very easy to operate.
I don't know if they have a PC version yet.
You can run the Android app on a PC via an android emulator like Bluestacks, but then you can't use catch-up. If you take the cheaper iviewHD without catch-up, it's fine though.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

barrys wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:29 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 pm I view are talking, and they are saying the right things. I hope their system works out as good as they talk.
I've been using iviewHD+ for the last 3 months or so. All UK and sports channels and even Irish channels :D plus many other countries.

At that time, there were 2 packages:
iviewHD - the cheaper one without catch-up and
iviewHD+ with catch-up

I have iviewHD+ and have been very happy with the service so far. It rarely freezes and, when it does happen occasionally, it doesn't last long or I flick to another channel and back and it's fine.

I paid around USD 180 for the year.
And yes, it does run through an Android box, but it's very easy to operate.
I don't know if they have a PC version yet.
You can run the Android app on a PC via an android emulator like Bluestacks, but then you can't use catch-up. If you take the cheaper iviewHD without catch-up, it's fine though.
Barry you post has caught my interest.
I used to have Expat TV and 365 Sport I had an android box called MyGica so I could watch on my Computer and my TV ( but not at the same time) I now have Hd Prime TV and it has too much freezing. I tried IPTV but this could not connect to my computer. I have their box ( Mag250 Set Top Box.
My question is does iviewHD connect to a computer and will it also connect to the TV with an android box. Will either of my boxes work or will I need to get another box from iviewTV. Any other info also welcome.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.