mobile/internet coverage Hua Hin

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

mobile/internet coverage Hua Hin

Post by Bluesky »

It looks like True will be improving their network coverage/capacity with the construction of a new CMTS cell tower close to the intersection of Soi 102 and Falcon Hill road. Riggers have been working fairly quickly to get the antenna array in place.
DSC_0858.ajpeg.jpeg
DSC_0856a.jpeg
DSC_0856a.jpeg (78.23 KiB) Viewed 873 times
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
PeteC

Re: mobile/internet coverage Hua Hin

Post by PeteC »

I thought I read somewhere that the new deal implemented by the Gov is for no more individual owner cell towers, but towers shared by all services? Of course that includes construction and maintenance costs. If I come across the article again I'll post, but it was several months ago. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

brought back a memory. About 7 or 8 years ago, HH announced that it would be the first community in Thai to have free city-wide Wifi. A few units were installed along PK but then stopped. The story
I heard was that the person given the contract had left town with all the money allocated for the project,
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

PeteC wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:10 pm I thought I read somewhere that the new deal implemented by the Gov is for no more individual owner cell towers, but towers shared by all services? Of course that includes construction and maintenance costs. If I come across the article again I'll post, but it was several months ago. Pete :cheers:
Interesting Pete. I spoke to the crew earlier today and when I asked who they were building the tower for and the response was "For True."
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If they did start to mount their individual "stuff" on shared towers, it would sure help the ever growing blight on the countryside. I think it's a good idea and hope what I read is not just another forgotten initiative here. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think it came out of the government's Digital Strategy. I don't think it was a law but an encouragement for mobile companies to share masts. AIS and DTAC have since got into bed together (along with CAT I believe) to share masts. I guess other operators will follow suit as it's beneficial to the companies themselves.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Is there a particular phone provider that has best coverage in Cha-Am, or are they all similar?

Likewise, is there a particular fiber internet provider in Cha-Am that is better?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

We use the MyByCat service from 7-11. 200b per month, data and voice all over, so far. Its 3G, but there is 4G available.