DELL PC Worldwide Support

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
loua_oz

DELL PC Worldwide Support

Post by loua_oz »

Bought a DELL laptop, 2014, asked my friend in Australia, if he could bring a laptop that I bought, under my name, just his delivery address. For Western Windows.
He did, Western keyboard, English Win 7 OS.(then little trusted Win 8 was run of the mill, I did not want it)

Then the hard disk failed. Simply failed, hardware.

Call DELL Japan. For the laptop PC bought in Australia. The support contract was "Next business day".

What DELL Japan did was:

Me: the disk has failed
DELL: Do you have media for Win 7?
Me: No, it is your business
DELL: Yes, our business but only for the initial installation. You will have to buy the Win 7 media, 12 US$
Me: OK, I buy it
DELL: The media (DVDs)will arrive tomorrow 11am
Me: OK
DELL: The hard disk drive replacement will arrive 12 noon
Me: OK, I will be at home
DELL: Our technician will come to your home 1pm

And the technician came, replaced the failed disk, reinstalled everything.

Asked me if everything is operational. It was. 1 hour.

Most PC users won't see that but it shows how it goes with a world class company, DELL.
They do that, the same way, anywhere on this small planet.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: DELL PC Worldwide Support

Post by robcar »

Totally agree. My son is a Dell on call engineer in UK
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I tried to buy a battery for my Dell laptop and was told I had to order it online through a 3rd party supplier. I tried to do that through a supplier in Malaysia but they wouldn't take a Thai credit card. Then there's the problem of knowing whether it's a genuine Dell battery or a Chinese knockoff. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can buy a battery?
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

Call DELL, I think
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:44 pm ... Then there's the problem of knowing whether it's a genuine Dell battery or a Chinese knockoff. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can buy a battery?
Batteries for personal electronics have become a commodity business done by firms that specialize. Do you have a PayPal account? I've bought batteries off ebay from youyi-battery. Look for a vendor with 99%+ positive rating from thousands of customers and a free exchange or refund policy if you don't like what you received or it dies within a month of shipping.

If you don't have PayPal or a credit card that an ebay vendor will take, find somebody who does and pay them cash to put the order on their card.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Thank you Homer. Hopefully I'll find a vendor who'll take a Thai card as I don't know anyone with a non-Thai card.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Homer wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:44 pmIf you don't have PayPal
Or get Pay Pal. You don't have to deposit any money there. You can pay "through" Pay Pal by using your credit card at purchase time.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

Pay Pal has restrictions, from country to country.

No restrictions for Thai money in/out of the Kingdom?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 pm Pay Pal has restrictions, from country to country.
Imagine if www.paypal.com/th had a list of countries where paypal is available, and you'd found the list.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

No need to tell me, my Japanese credit card works day in day out everywhere.
What has happened to the battery? The rule is, after 3 years the PC (laptop) is replaced.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:12 pm No need to tell me, my Japanese credit card works day in day out everywhere.
What has happened to the battery? The rule is, after 3 years the PC (laptop) is replaced.
after 5 yrs. the battery only charges to approx. 50%. mostly, I use the computer plugged in so at this point it's not an issue. "the rule".? why would I want to buy a new laptop when this one works fine? but then, I never was good at following rules. :blues:
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/cate ... 438&~ck=bt

if the battery you need is on this list, then surely it's just a question of calling Dell AP support on 02-670-7250, giving your c.c. details, then waiting for it to be delivered

If this doesn't work get back to me (husband works for them and will get someone in AP to get back to you)