Electronics Recycling

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
PeteC

Electronics Recycling

Post by PeteC »

Perhaps too much to ask for here, but has anyone found an E-recycling facility in Bangkok or anywhere? Hopefully one that does things properly and not like Nigeria or similar who burn, melt, tear apart and dispose of waste into their water systems. :banghead: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Electronics Recycling

Post by RCer »

Very good question. Only recycling I've seen here is plastic bottles.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We have a guy come around in a loudspeaker truck buying electronic gear. Not sure what he does with the non-recyclable bits though.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

In the states sometimes Rotary clubs have periodic elec recycle, may be worth it if you know someone
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Not the reason I started the thread but dawned on me at I have 12 year old 40"+ plasma TV that went to heaven a few weeks ago. When we get a new unit we'll try to talk the shop/delivery guys into taking it. I can just imagine where 50lbs of wet plasma in the picture tube will end up though. :( It's the heaviest TV I've ever seen or had and most of the weight must be the plasma. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Pete,

You must be young. 50 pound TV is nothing. :thumb:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Hmm, not sure just what you have there, Pete. But "plasma" is a gas and pretty much weightless. Some of the early models did have heavier glass. A 40 inch model weighs around 38 Kg. Projection type TVs are much heavier.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I never knew that Nereus, nor researched it. I just assumed plasma was some kind of gel. It must be some damn heavy glass then as due to shape it's a two man job to move it around. Pete :cheers:
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Our 12 year old Panasonic 42 inch plasma comes in at 40kg excluding stand, box etc. Can still cook an egg on top (average power 341 watts ! ). Definitely a 2 man job. Unlike the new 42 inch LED, which is cool, and can be carried easily by one person.

At some point It will stop (no maintenance or fixes too date), so would also be interested to know how to get rid of it safely when it does expire.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I would guess the truck I mentioned would be your best bet. They may not follow correct disposal procedures (if such a thing exists here), but it's probably the best around. I'm sure you must see them as well, collecting fridges, computers, TVs etc. Just stop them, and they'll buy it off you.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18