Internet speed drop from exchange

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
bibekwa
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Internet speed drop from exchange

Post by bibekwa »

The example from 404cameljockey:
The provider displays the internetspeed always in kbit/s or Mbit/s.
For example 57.485 kbit/s = 57,485 Mbit/s = 57,485 : 8 =7,186 Mb/s
Remember: 1 Mbyte = 8 Mbit
Thats why it is confusing sometimes
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I divided the Kbit by 8,000 to arrive at his Mbs, so I think we're singing off the same hymn sheet.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

OK I checked with 3BB. My connection is 50/20 Mbit (down/up). So the 9 Mb/s downloads I get are on the nail, in fact a bit better than I should have.

Is this really a bad speed? IMO not.

I paid 12 months in advance last year and it worked out to between 700 and 800 Baht a month. I don't think cable was available in my area at that time (or the lead time was to much to interest me, can't remember).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, those are the speeds I used to get when I was with 3BB and they were fine. I was well happy with the service until the eve of the last football World Cup, when it just died. I receive my TV via the Internet, and didn't want to miss the footie - England were overdue a win :cry: .

I contacted 3BB, and they said they couldn't fix it for a couple of weeks. We knew somebody that worked for True, and they installed immediately.

We went down to 3BB to cancel, and engineers were turning up several times a day to fix the problem, but alas, I had signed with True.

Even though I was happy with 3BB, the change to True gave me an incredible service by comparison for just about the same cost. I've now been told my speeds are about to be doubled at no extra cost.

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:53 pm No, those are the speeds I used to get when I was with 3BB and they were fine. I was well happy with the service until the eve of the last football World Cup, when it just died. I receive my TV via the Internet, and didn't want to miss the footie - England were overdue a win :cry: .

I contacted 3BB, and they said they couldn't fix it for a couple of weeks. We knew somebody that worked for True, and they installed immediately.

We went down to 3BB to cancel, and engineers were turning up several times a day to fix the problem, but alas, I had signed with True.

Even though I was happy with 3BB, the change to True gave me an incredible service by comparison for just about the same cost. I've now been told my speeds are about to be doubled at no extra cost.
Nice. My contract doesn't run out until December, but I'll check the options then. :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If it wasn't for the football World Cup, I'd still be with them. and happy.

Points 41; Position 18