ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
drink75
Novice
Novice

Re: ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Post by drink75 »

From my experience, there are lots of providers of IPTV services but these guys are by far the biggest so they must have a tonne of complaints coming in by the hour. I can 'almost' understand if they have gone quiet on the support side of things as they probably have their hands full working on the technical issues they are experiencing.

IMHO, either be patient, or look elsewhere (I can think of a couple of alternative suppliers), if only as a temporary solution while they get themselves sorted.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Just received this e-mail from ThaiExpatTV

Disruption of service

Dear Sir

Apologies for the disruption you have been experiencing to your service. We have encountered serious technical issues affecting our full channel options and support services.

We are doing everything possible to resume full service and support as quickly as possible. We would like to thank you for your understanding and support regarding this matter.

We will be in contact again notifying you when full service and support is available.

Best regards,
Thai Expat TV

Thai Expat TV Logo
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But still the only thing to come out of 365 Sport is an invoice. As both companies are identical, I guess they're both suffering, technical issues affecting their full channel options and support services, but unable to connect to their server, and no information does not sound good.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

It's pure speculation but perhaps they have been part of the 200,000 users worldwide who are victims of the latest ransomware crimewave that's doing the rounds?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39915440
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been wondering about that, but as they do everything hand in hand, how are Expat TV back, yet nothing from 365. If so why not tell people?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I have had a conversation with a friend who went into [Link removed in accordance with forum T&Cs] last night and took the free trial and he watched the soccer games. He is continuing to do so.

In view of this why are we not getting the channels - this is above my IT level ??
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Having said the above I cannot access the free trial as it will no accept my browser - so perhaps not available to existing members - the plot thickens. I shall follow your follow ups with interest!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

We do not permit links to rival forums, you can download the free trials right here from HHF:

http://www.365sport.tv/aff.php?aff=025
http://www.thaiexpat.tv/aff.php?aff=033

If the links are not working you will need to contact the companies themselves as already suggested by forum Admin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Same answer as my previous said at 4.33pm!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've had the same mail as reported. I'm sure they'll get it sorted. In the meantime I'll enjoy the extra channels.

Not 'ransomeware'. That specifically encrypts your files and gives you ultimatums on paying a ransom in bitcoins.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Two Brits, Thai arrested for pirating EPL broadcasts
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... broadcasts

The Department of Special Investigation has arrested two British men and a Thai woman for alleged illegal transmission of English Premier League football to viewers in countries in Asia and Europe.

They are accused of causing damage worth more than 100 million baht to the holders of the broadcast rights. The allegations involve the website 365sport.tv and possibly expat.tv services in Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam and Europe.

DSI deputy chief Suriya Singhakamol said on Tuesday that Daryl William Lloyd, 39, William John Robinson, 35, and Supatra Raksasat, 33, were arrested during raids on several locations.

The targets included a house in Nonthaburi, a condominium in Huai Khwang, a house in Samut Prakan's Bang Phli district, Kirz Co at the Queen Siritkit Convention Centre on Ratchadaphisek Road in Klong Toey, and Proimage Engineering and Communication Co on Charoen Krung Road in Bang Rak district.

Authorities seized nine computer servers, nine computers, 49 set-top boxes for sale to viewers and three mobile phones as evidence.

Pol Maj Suriya said the raids followed a complaint by The Football Association Premier League Limited, the holder of the EPL football broadcast rights, about illegal transmission of signals of football matches on the website 365sport.tv.

The illegal operators had allegedly collected monthly fees from viewers, he said. This would be a violation of the Copyright Act and the Computer Crime Act. Damages were claimed to be about 100 million baht.

Pol Maj Suriya said other websites were also suspected of being involved in the illegal transmissions, including Thaiexpat.tv, Hkexpat.tv, Indoexpat.tv, Vietexpat.tv, and Euroexpat.tv.

Investigators from the DSI's cyber technology and cyber crime bureau had learned the website 365sport.tv used computer servers in Thailand as a base for illegal transmissions to several countries in Asia and Europe.

Pol Maj Suriya said the DSI had taken the matter up as special case and obtained arrest warrants for the three suspects from the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court.

The illegal broadcasts had been terminated following the raids. The two British suspects had been handed over to officials from the British embassy.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I was just in the process of posting that myself Bristolian!

I never subscribed to the sports service and so far Thai expat TV is still up, but like others I guess, my subscription gets paid into the account of one of those arrested! So I wonder what will happen now, or will 'Thainess' come to the surface?
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

So they've broken Thai laws, but handed over to the British embassy? What illegalities have they committed within British jurisdiction?
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ Another report says that the two Britons have been released on bail at the request of the British Embassy
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
buksida

Post by buksida »

Expat TV is also down now at the time of testing.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson