ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Post by Big Boy »

Geko wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am Looks like IlikeHDtv is going down now too.
Does that rumour have any foundation, or is it more scaremongering? Friends have still been using the service.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Post by MajorBloodnok »

Hello,

Still "Could not access server"!

Pity really.

Hope there is/there are alternative provider/s

Have a nice day everyone.

MB
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Stay tuned to the below thread Major, as if anything new develops it will be on there.....

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31030
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
nuhuahin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nuhuahin »

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guys, the above link has been posted 3 times in as many pages. I think we've read it now.

Points 41; Position 18
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

I wonder what has happened in the last month that has led to this. There is no way that these services have just been discovered. Have they pi**ed someone off, have they failed to make the necessary payments? Just on the Thailand side, the subscription ID's show there are 10's of thousands of subscribers on each channel. Massive business. Clearly they have failed to protect it by either not paying the right people or not paying enough.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Apparently, Sky's deal with the Premiership means that they're paying 10 million pounds a game for TV rights which is hard to justify if all the fans would rather watch it on dodgy Internet streams.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It is a shame. I'm not condoning the illegal activities of the likes of Expat TV, but there is obviously a huge market for the services they supplied. I guess most of what the crooked companies were supplying was pure profit. Why can somebody like Sky, provide the services legally? There must be a way through. Currently TV viewing figures are down, and there is nobody here in Thailand that can provide the same excellent service.

The public weren't knowingly stealing the service, they were paying hard cash for a product the suppliers claimed to be legal. Most of those same people would still be willing to hand over the cash for a similar service.

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Big Boy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 am
The public weren't knowingly stealing the service, they were paying hard cash for a product the suppliers claimed to be legal. Most of those same people would still be willing to hand over the cash for a similar service.
Have you got the source for the suppliers saying it is legal ? I seem to remember when one of these outfits started up one member repeatedly asked if it was legal and I don't remember him receiving a positive reply.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think, not sure, when the advertorial started, it is in the thread somewhere. At that time, when the service was starting, they did participate in the thread.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

From the very first page of their advertorial dated 1.8.12, in response to a question re: legality -

Hi Chopsticks,

Legality issues have been addressed in previous posts on this forum, we are legally operating within Thailand.

Many Thanks,
Thai Expat TV
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It wasn't the advertorial, but this is where they said it was legal:
thaiexpattv wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:17 pm Hello Everyone,

We found this post from looking at our website statistics.

We can understand your concerns about legality issues.

Please refer to this link: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/02 ... tv_ripoff/

We have a similar business model to Zattoo. As you can see the date on the news article is from 2008, this company is still successfully operating now in 2012.

We are not lawyers, but when we speak with the lawyers, they see no problem as long as we leave the free to air content unchanged.

IPTV in absolutely legal in Thailand and please feel free to buy a service from any of the other providers in Thailand.

http://www.vooziptv.com/
http://www.totiptv.com/
http://iptv.3bb.co.th/th/home/index.php
http://www.buddybb.net/news_tv.asp

We know that none of the Thai IPTV services have any UK TV channels, but they are aimed at a totally different market.

Also in reference to a post about UKTV in Pattaya, we are in no way linked or affiliated with UKTV, our business model is totally different, and from what we heard is they did not get closed for legal reasons.

I hope this reply has answered all of your concerns.

If you still have concerns about subscribing to our service, we invite you to just pay month by month using our PayPal subscription service; this can be cancelled at any time by contacting PayPal.

If anyone would like to try our service you can do so by signing up for a totally free 2 day trial:

(Please find our link at the top of the page posted by the OP)

Many Thanks,
Admin
Thai Expat TV

Note: Big Boy - I read on this post that you were having quality issues on your last attempts; this could be due to you downloading torrents or other users using your internet connection for any high bandwidth tasks. If you would like to try out the service for a further 2 days, then please raise a support ticket with us and we will re-activate your free trial.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My personal feelings, but basically we have to move on. I think deep down, most of us always knew that TIT, and there was an element of risk. Many people lost money (I think my personal loss will be about 5,000 Baht for prepayment for the 2 services). However, all of the moaning in the world isn't going to bring that back. It's spent money.

We now need to hope that somebody sees a business opportunity, and legitimately brings us a similar service (yes, I've got alternatives, but I'd rather go back to what we had - it was so easy).

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As a short term gap, I'm looking at a number of series that I downloaded a few years back and kept them on the PC or separate hard drive, but I'm already missing some of the programmes on BBC and ITV and so hope a similar solution to ThaiExpatTV comes along pretty soon - I used to moan about UK TV not being so good when I lived in the UK but as the saying goes, you don't miss it until it's gone.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

We now need to hope that somebody sees a business opportunity, and legitimately brings us a similar service (yes, I've got alternatives, but I'd rather go back to what we had - it was so easy).
Sky will ditch the dish with all-streaming Sky Q from 2018
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/ne ... -from-2018