ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Re: ThaiExpatTV,ExPatPremiumTV & 365Sport Problems

Post by buksida »

Can we keep this one to the demise of TETV and 365Sport.

I've moved all the posts discussing alternatives to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31030&start=32
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

This is probably why ThaiExpat TV went to the wall, I know its old news but I've not seen it on this thread before reported on the 11th May about the same time as they started having problems:

"BANGKOK, 11 May 2017 (NNT) – The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has imposed a regulation to classify Internet TV boxes as controlled equipment.

The regulation requires producers and importers of Internet TV boxes, such as Media Box, Android Box, Apple TV Box, TV Stick, HDMI Dongle, and Chromecast to apply for permission from the NBTC in accordance with Section 70 of the NBTC Act B.E.2008."

Full story: NNT

Reporter: Suwit Rattiwan,
National News Bureau Of Thailand
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I heard an amazing story today.

A friend has been out of the country for a few months. He returned yesterday, and one of his first jobs was to pay his Expat TV subscription to the bank. Surprisingly, the bank took the payment without a murmur. I guess this means the accounts are still open.

My friend phoned and asked if I was having problems, because he couldn't get his computer to connect, and Expat TV were neither answering phone calls nor e-mails - I explained what had happened.

IMHO the amazing bit is that the bank account is still open, and the bank are accepting payments. Does this mean that Expat TV guys are still reaping the benefits, or will this money be going into the bank's tea fund?

My friend said that since I'd put him straight, he'd found two similar recent stories on another Thailand forum.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is an old thread, one of many, concerning Expat TV but I don't think we covered the final chapter of their demise and the reasons for it as stated in the below article. Applicable sentences quoted.

"One example is a landmark case in May 2017 that resulted in the highest damage compensation ever paid in Thailand for copyright infringement. The investigations, which began in Hong Kong, led to a raid of Expat.tv and its affiliated websites that stream Premier League content to various countries in Southeast Asia illegally, including Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia."

"The two owners of the site were ordered to pay damages totaling 15 million baht, in addition to forfeiting 7 million in funds seized, while being sentenced to a 3.5-year suspended prison term."

Premier League lauds anti-piracy efforts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/23 ... cy-efforts
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I believe Thailand has one of the most active law enforcement agencies that we work with on a global level.
:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: