Zoom Lenses for Mobile Phones

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Zoom Lenses for Mobile Phones

Post by Big Boy »

I keep seeing these things being offered at extremely low prices, and claims that they out perform 'real' cameras, which cost thousands of pounds more.
Camera.jpg
Camera.jpg (71.87 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
I've only ever seen one being used. The young girl didn't seem to be having any trouble.

I've read reviews, and they claim they are the best thing since ever. Buy now before stocks run out/camera companies get them banned. Of course, we all know how easy it is to write your own reviews.

Questions................. Has anybody tried one? Do they work? What is the quality? Do you have any examples?

I don't normally need more zoom than my point and shoot can manage, but there are times e.g. last week at Kuiburi.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Re: Zoom Lenses for Mobile Phones

Post by buksida »

The inherent problem with phones and basic point and shoot cameras is the shutter delay, shaky hands, and resultant blurred images (quality also affected by low ISO settings on phones with cheaper cameras in them).

This sort of lens will only exacerbate that, unless you want to carry a tripod around also. There is no substitute for a DSLR if you want high power zoom and sharp images!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you. The one I had been looking at, did come with a built in tri-pod, but you make very good points - I think I'll resist.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I suspect that if you want an inexpensive point and shoot, buy it now, they are going to dissappear. I have a 3000b one that gives pictures SO superior to phone cameras.