IPTV switch from True Visions

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Re: IPTV - SWITCH FROM TRUEVISIONS?

Post by jingjoe »

prcscct wrote:I have a fear concerning this exodus from TRUE to systems that rely upon the internet. In my area with TOT fiber optic cable, there is a distinct slowness Friday through Sunday concerning the ability to stream content. The rest of the week in the evening hours it's usually fine. As more and more systems are installed utilizing smart TV and similar devices, I'm not confident the servers/undersea cable etc., is up to the load. It's typical here concerning new technology, and a another example is 4G wireless which is not 4G by any stretch of the imagination in most instances IMO.

They sell the services to individual households, pack the system with as many subscribers that they possibly can, but do little on the sorting end to assure people are getting the capability they are paying for. I guess we shouldn't be surprised with this failure, if it turns into a monster. Pete :cheers:
One good thing with thai expat tv, is it has a built in 20min buffer, so even if the internet slows, or in some cases goes off altogether, you still get up to 20minutes more viewing. The other bonus is it works all over the world, i use it through my laptop and have watched it in malaysia and australia, as well as of course thailand. The big advantage this service has over other products is the 7 day catch up, i don't want to be watching shows from england live, when they are 6hours behind, meaning all prime time shows would be live at 2 or 3 am in the morning, much better to watch at own convenience
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: RE: Re: IPTV - SWITCH FROM TRUEVISIONS?

Post by Henry 14th »

m_right wrote:I think I will give iLikehdtv a try. I would love to dump TRUE but I must have Formula 1 and able to record. Has anyone actually watched Formula 1 on it? Where can I get an android box for TV so I don't have to just use PC?
I ordered mine directly from the company, they install all the software and deliver the unit plug in and play.

As has been mentioned the stream dies freeze at times, although I've been watching football and golf on Sky without any problems whatsoever.

Their support is lightning fast too.

I've watched MotoGP on Fox a few times. You can definitely get F1 on a couple of channels.
Big Boy

Re: IPTV switch from True Visions

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: You can't fault their support, but in the words of Brian Clough, "It only takes a second to score a goal." I missed a few goals, and a few tries. :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

When did you last use it BB?

I've had little to no broadcadt interuption since around December last year. Not sure if they have resolved some technical issues at their end but the stream is much improved.

All things considered, it beats the pants off the 2,500 thb monthly fee we paid for True.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

I have been looking at IlikeHD to see if I want to start using them again. I was happy watching football with them until I could no longer pay with PayPal. I notice that they have "TEST" written across a few of the channels. Does that mean they are having trouble getting these channels permenantly?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Henry 14th wrote:When did you last use it BB?
Not sure exactly, but I returned to 365 Sport on 27 Nov 16. I think I had about 3 week's overlap, but it was worth the double subscription to be able to watch uninterrupted sport again.

For me the difference was 250 Baht/month for iLikeHD and 500 Baht Baht/month for 365 Sport. Neither service was expensive. However, iLikeHD became totally unusable, and that 'interrupted' state had been true since the start of the football season. I can't remember what swung it for me, but I seem to remember England were playing rugby. I missed every score in the first half, and went to bed very angry.

Points 41; Position 18
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

I was using it on a pay per view basis. So 30 baht a game.The quality was quite good, but that was a while ago
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I use this extension from google crome and it works ok when using it for Football ,havent tried it looking F 1 yet.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gcngeokmga

Watch Live Football, Formula one F1 Streaming Online From Google Extension.
Watch Live Football Streaming Online From English Premier League (EPL) To F1, From Uefa Champions League To NFL
More Than 20,000 Happy users
Over 500 Positive Reviews

:cheers: :cheers:
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

Am I the only one using UKIPTV? Has every channel I can think of including all sports channels and movies etc etc. The best thing for me is it has catch up so I never have to miss the mighty yellows when Sky or BT put the kick off to stupid o clock.
It's not cheap but for the channels you get I think it's great value, the supplier lives local so the only time I ever has a problem he came round and fixed it. Never ever buffers not sure if that's my fibre optic broadband though. Very very satisfied and would highly recommend to any Brits
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Do you have any more information? I've put UKIPTV into a search engine, and am being offered something for nothing, yet you say it's not cheap.

Also, what Internet Provider are you with, and what is the advertised speed that you should be getting?

Points 41; Position 18
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

Big Boy wrote:Do you have any more information? I've put UKIPTV into a search engine, and am being offered something for nothing, yet you say it's not cheap.

Also, what Internet Provider are you with, and what is the advertised speed that you should be getting?
Sorry it's been a while since I've had it so couldn't remember the details, just found them and the site is mrskytv.com and the guys lives in Cha-am (Jason)

I use 3BB fibre optic can't remember the quoted speed but doing a speed test I get over 50Mbps
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you're a long term resident, and have a single family house, your own satellite dish is yet another option. If seems that this method was more popular in the past than it is now, but perhaps time to think about it again.

I looked at some links and it is daunting trying to understand the many systems available, what they offer and the cost so I won't even attempt to link to anything. If you Google "satellite tv Thailand" you'll see many sites to explore. It seems to me that many hotels and some pubs/restaurants have their own black, large dish so they may be a place to ask questions about how it all works.

Apparently you can point the dish in many different directions making just about any satellite offering in the world available. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

You can get more than 1000 different programs with one or more dishes, but not the interesting programs from europe, because these satellites are not reachable from Asia.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Something new, but I can't yet find a listing of all the channels they will offer. Pete :cheers:

Next Step, Fox Networks launch ‘Good TV’ pay TV

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/St ... T/30306634
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source