IPTV switch from True Visions

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

IPTV switch from True Visions

Post by T.I.G.R. »

I'm contemplating finally dumping Truevisions.....looks like they aren't going to carry the current week's PGA events from USA.

Looking at LITEIPTV but don't know a lot about hooking it up to anything. I have a six month old Samsung Smart TV which looks like it will do the trick. I'm waiting for a Lan cable from Lazada which I'll hook directly to my TV but am not sure what I would do after that (after ordering their free trial of course). I understand litetv doesn't have an EPG also, which is crappy but haven't heard of any alternatives.

Does anyone use this provider and do you use Android box or smart TV? Any suggestions as to how I should proceed and if you have used any other IPTV provider? I used USTVNOW but it wasn't very stable.

I would like to get Fox News, and U.S. Sports including basketball and PGA golf, and UFC. I have football through the NFL GamePass. Some of the U.S. broadcast channels, Discovery, National Geographic, Speed Channel etc. would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: IPTV - SWITCH FROM TRUEVISIONS?

Post by Henry 14th »

I got the iLikeHDtv smart box as I'd had enough of anything True.

It took somegettimg used to and can be a little frustrating at times as the stream freezes. It has been a lot better of late in that regard though.

For the low cost and enormity of channels I don't think I'll go back to a cable supplier.

Lots of movies and series constantly being updated amd oretty much every channel you can think of is available.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I looked at the channels it has and WOW. Everything that True had or is dropping plus much more. Does it get Formula 1? How does it work? I have a Smart TV and also an Android box. How does it set up?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I tried iLikeHDtv for a few months, but had to drop it eventually out of sheer frustration. I love my football and rugby, but found I was missing huge chunks of a game through the system freezing. My smile soon turned into a frown. In the end, I had to return to 365 Sport - I'm now smiling again :D .

365 Sport and Expat TV cost a little more, but live viewing is a pleasure, and both systems have an excellent catch up facility.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote:I tried iLikeHDtv for a few months, but had to drop it eventually out of sheer frustration. I love my football and rugby, but found I was missing huge chunks of a game through the system freezing. My smile soon turned into a frown. In the end, I had to return to 365 Sport - I'm now smiling again :D .

365 Sport and Expat TV cost a little more, but live viewing is a pleasure, and both systems have an excellent catch up facility.
BB I agree with you 100%. I have had various systems over the years but for the last 3+ years have had Expat TV and 365Sport - absolutely trouble free and it is great having automatic recordings that go back 7 days .
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Totally agree with all, Truevision is getting worse day by the day, the last few weeks no PGA golf but had the Maybank golf showing on 3 different channels 'live' yesterday and repeated during the night.

I use ThaiExpat.tv via a wireless Android box supplied by them, and it is great but mainly focused on UK TV stations but has great catchup facility, and if you log on via computer there is even a record option for all programs, sure 365 Sport is the same good standard.

I have also subscribed to iLikehdtv, I have downloaded an 'app' from their web site and loaded it onto the Android box supplied bt ThaiExpat.tv, and this works but sometimes freezes although watched PGA last night and was ok, but streaming from the computer is a lot better. as far as I have found there is no catchup via the Android box but can with some channels using the computer.

There are several packages to pick from on iLikehdtv and even a dedicated 'Sky Formula 1' channel.

Think if I was you I'd try iLikehdtv on your Smart TV, to check out channel options and quality of picture.
silverbird

Post by silverbird »

365Sport appears to be better than my True. So got a few questions - appreciate any reply.

Is it possible to watch programs "later on" or is it only live?

No need of VPN for any sport - thinking mostly about golf and F1?

Can one subscription be used for different receivers like tv/laptop/mobile (guess can only use one at a time)?

What about advertisings disrupting programs - simular to True or more/less?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, you can watch upto 7 days later. You can also record for even later viewing.

No need for VPN.

TV, Android Box and Computer - one subscription, but can only use one at a time. Mobile and/or tablet is another subscription. Check the channel listings to make sure you get the correct package.

Advertising will be the same as anybody else i.e. they take the feeds from other providers.

There is a 30 Day money back guarantee, so a no risk option.

Points 41; Position 18
silverbird

Post by silverbird »

Thanks Big Boy - do you know if they have US LPGA, didn´t find it looking at the various packages. Intend to try their premium subscription at thb 999 so guess it covers all what they got in sport - correct?

Using the mobile subscription do you know if I can stream on TV using like Chromecast?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I have a fear concerning this exodus from TRUE to systems that rely upon the internet. In my area with TOT fiber optic cable, there is a distinct slowness Friday through Sunday concerning the ability to stream content. The rest of the week in the evening hours it's usually fine. As more and more systems are installed utilizing smart TV and similar devices, I'm not confident the servers/undersea cable etc., is up to the load. It's typical here concerning new technology, and a another example is 4G wireless which is not 4G by any stretch of the imagination in most instances IMO.

They sell the services to individual households, pack the system with as many subscribers that they possibly can, but do little on the sorting end to assure people are getting the capability they are paying for. I guess we shouldn't be surprised with this failure, if it turns into a monster. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

I think I will give iLikehdtv a try. I would love to dump TRUE but I must have Formula 1 and able to record. Has anyone actually watched Formula 1 on it? Where can I get an android box for TV so I don't have to just use PC?
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

I'm surprised, Pete, at your expectations. You have already decided failure is the best you can expect from an industry that has given you Smart Phones, Laptop Computers, Tablet Computers, mobile telephones that can provide not only telephone service, but TV service, act as computers, and also serve as cameras more powerful than you could have ever imagined. Remember "vertical and horizontal hold", "snow", black and white TV? I bet you're sitting there watching a big flat screen TV that weighs less than 25 pounds and has a picture you couldn't have imagined in your wildest dreams.

I'm betting rather than turning into a monster, you will find your technical providers of the future will surprise you with more and better products for less money and trouble than you think. Did you ever expect to have the technology you're using today? I bet not.......more to come Pete, relax and enjoy it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

m_right wrote:I think I will give iLikehdtv a try. I would love to dump TRUE but I must have Formula 1 and able to record. Has anyone actually watched Formula 1 on it? Where can I get an android box for TV so I don't have to just use PC?
I would suggest you try on your PC first. I used it for a while, but I found it so frustrating, I had to move to 365 Sport.

Regarding recording from ilikehdtv, I remember DavyB had a thread on here recently looking to do the same thing - I don't think he had much success.

Basically, I'm suggesting keep your investment low until you're really sure it is the solution you want.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

T.I.G.R. wrote:I'm surprised, Pete, at your expectations. You have already decided failure is the best you can expect from an industry......
No, what I said doesn't concern expectations concerning the overall industry at all, that wasn't my meaning. It concerns failure of the Thai approach over and over again throughout the years concerning the introduction of new technology. It's the same old "sell, sell, sell" and we'll worry about capacity and service later. A classic mai pen rai approach. Anyhow, I hope I'm wrong and the bottle necks I'm starting to see don't get worse as use increases. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

Big Boy wrote:
m_right wrote:I think I will give iLikehdtv a try. I would love to dump TRUE but I must have Formula 1 and able to record. Has anyone actually watched Formula 1 on it? Where can I get an android box for TV so I don't have to just use PC?
I would suggest you try on your PC first. I used it for a while, but I found it so frustrating, I had to move to 365 Sport.

Regarding recording from ilikehdtv, I remember DavyB had a thread on here recently looking to do the same thing - I don't think he had much success.

Basically, I'm suggesting keep your investment low until you're really sure it is the solution you want.
Sounds like a good plan. I will try like you say. Thanks.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte