Staying safe on your computer in Thailand

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Staying safe on your computer in Thailand

Post by Bristolian »

^^ I use Bangkok Bank on-line banking and although the it is limited as to what you can do it has worked well for me. As I have a WP I can also repatriate a limited amount of funds to my UK bank. So far no issue and I even get an email and message to tell me that someone has logged on to my account.

Features are limited but security appears to be very good.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

But how would you know security is good? Yahoo, LinkedIn, and countless other sites where considered good until they were hacked.
Just recently Thailand took all it's government web sites off line to prevent hacking so that shows how much confidence they have in Government systems. Do you really think Thai banks are any better.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

StevePIraq wrote:But how would you know security is good? Yahoo, LinkedIn, and countless other sites where considered good until they were hacked.
A very valid question. To be honest I don't know how secure any online banking system is. I can only say that in 17 years I have not faced an issue.

On a slightly different line, my Bangkok Bank Visa credit card has been cancelled on a number of occasions when traveling to Malaysia and I have used it outside of the major hotels and retailers.
I immediately get a message to say that it's cancelled for my benefit and to contact Bangkok Bank for a replacement
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain