AIS SIM card need to register again?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Geko
Professional
Professional

AIS SIM card need to register again?

Post by Geko »

Anyone had a similar Text from AIS?

Urgent! Your passport (ID) photo is not clear or incomplete per NBTC's regulation, please bring your Sim + passport and contact AIS shop/Telewiz/AIS Buddy to register again within 09/12/2016 and get the bonus free call.

I registered my current SIM card over a year ago at AIS in MV with my passport, from which they took a copy.

I'm just curious if it just a one off with me or effects many people.
Big Boy

Re: AIS SIM card need to register again?

Post by Big Boy »

:oops: I wouldn't know - texts from AIS are deleted immediately without reading.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes. I got the same message an hour ago. I've had the same sim number for 15 years and re-registered around a year ago because of 4G. Is this a trick to get hold of your fingerprint?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Personally, something sounds fishy to me like they want to sell you something and using the dreaded "NBTC" name to scare people into coming in, then sweetening things by offering free calls. Or, is the new traceable SIM card a reality without them announcing it and this is their way to get it installed? Suspicious I am. :? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree. There's more to this than meets the eye. They're giving a date limit and promising a 'free call' as a bonus!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Fortunately I guess I have no identity here when it comes to SIM cards so my sleuthing ability is limited, although I'll keep my ear to the ground. Will be interesting to learn what all this is about. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

At those phone company booths at the airport, they're selling SIM cards to tourists at a furious rate, it must be hundreds an hour and the staff just snap a picture of your passport with a phone while they're holding it, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if many of them are unreadable.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Just an update on the:
Urgent! Your passport (ID) photo is not clear or incomplete per NBTC's regulation, please bring your Sim + passport and contact AIS shop/Telewiz/AIS Buddy to register again within 09/12/2016 and get the bonus free call.

Went to Tesco in Pran Buri this morning to buy some spuds (not one in the shop), and then popped to the AIS shop which was empty, the girl there checked my phone number, then looked and entered something into her computer, took a photo copy of my passport page containing my mug shot which I had to sign, then she passed the phone and passport back to me and off I went.

Not sure if this will solve the problem as the photo copy of my passport photo was still crap.