Internet in La Vallee

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
nellyp

Internet in La Vallee

Post by nellyp »

I am moving here next month, can anybody tell me the best provider for internet, or which ones to avoid?
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Internett in La Vallee

Post by PET »

nellyp wrote:I am moving here next month, can anybody tell me the best provider for internet, or which ones to avoid?
I suggest you ask other home owners in La Vallee but 3BB, ToT and True are large providers
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

3BB is excellent here, I pay for 10mb but usually get in excess of 14mb. Very rare to have downtime which is quite different than 2 years ago.
3BB now offering 18mb for 632baht per month
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Thanks a lot. I take it you are in La Valle, so I will have a look at the 3BB packages :D
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Went to 3BB today. They have a deal 30Mb 639 baht 1,000 for the router

True fiber optic (that we have in our old house) is 850 for 30 Mb plus I get their free HD box (Thai Channels) and a sim with 100 mins talk plus 500 Mb internet

Does anybody think the fiber optic makes THAT much difference. I was not megga impressed in my oild place, though I was in uTTARADIT AT THE TIME
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ignore the "max speed" marketing promo, they are speeds within Thailand so you'll only get close to that 30Mb if surfing Thai websites.

Fiber is a lot more stable than copper but your "speed" will be determined by the bandwidth your ISP can provide.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

buksida wrote:Ignore the "max speed" marketing promo, they are speeds within Thailand so you'll only get close to that 30Mb if surfing Thai websites.

Fiber is a lot more stable than copper but your "speed" will be determined by the bandwidth your ISP can provide.

They told me at True that They could not guarantee that I would be able to get the service, and that i would have to sign with them to find out. I cancelled my old plan on the spot. I used true in my old house and they had so many connections that it oiften slowed down, though I was generally happy with it.

What do you think? Should I go for fibre optic or the 3BB package?
nellyp

Re: Internet in La Vallee

Post by nellyp »

Does anybody in la Vallee know if the fibre cable from true goes all the way to the box? That will help me make a final decision

Cheers
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Internet in La Vallee

Post by StevePIraq »

3BB in La Vallee is very good, stable and with a good capacity and virtually no down time. Bandwidth is fine with no issues whether it be Thai or overseas sites.

Fibre does not come to the house as the development was completed some 8 years ago.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali