Internet Speeds

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Internet Speeds

Post by GLCQuantum »

Here's one for you internet whizzes (read 'nerds with spots and glasses and not a great deal of life')...

Why, when I download a movie from a site ( the best ever, now called YTS ) on my home computer... one computer... I can I only hit speeds of 1.3 - 1.5 mb a second...(have done for about 4 years)

Yet yesterday, I did the same thing in an internet shop for the first time (after circumnavigating their security settings - not just a pretty face me) and I was hitting download speeds of 6.5 mb a second with 40 people around me using the same internet.
Big Boy

Re: Internet Speeds

Post by Big Boy »

Bloody hell, most people would love your slow speed. As for what you achieved today - nice.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Big Boy wrote:Bloody hell, most people would love your slow speed. As for what you achieved today - nice.
Yesterday. :D

I'd only just set a few movies on for download when I got the 'ding' download finished sound. Couldn't believe it when I looked at BitComet and saw it coming down at 6500kb +.

Yet, I was surrounded by 40+ people all playing their internet games off of the same server - so HOW can I get so much? What do these internet shops pay for that kind of speed?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

New record as I speak... 8,200+kb a second! How the feck?

Now I must apologise. When I said...
(read 'nerds with spots and glasses and not a great deal of life')
...I was being sarcastic. I really do want to know how they (internet shops) hit these speeds and what they pay to hit them. In 7-8 years of downloading, I've never seen these kind of speeds.

I'm not in Hua Hin (don't think that that's one of the variables anyway) I'm in Ratchaburi.

:cheers:

Edit: Shouldn't have opened my mouth - she has dumped herself back down to a tragic 2,400kb a second. I think the 8.2mb a second was only a very brief thing.