Cable Television provider

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hollygirl
Novice
Novice

Cable Television provider

Post by hollygirl »

Hello: Just moved to Pak Nam Pran and wondering who would I contact to connect cable TV. Asked the management of the condo and they just did not understand me! Wondering if someone out there knows. Does anyone know if Hua Hin cable provides service in the south? Thanks.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Cable Television provider

Post by JamesWest »

Truevision or CTH are the only cable TV providers in Thailand.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I might be wrong but I have a feeling there are other providers as well. We have DSi (or something like that) and as far as I know it is not owned by either of the above mentioned companies. Having said that, it is probably not what the OP wants since all 88+ channels are in Thai apart from one cartoon channel and one channel that sometimes has a movie with original soundtrack.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hollygirl
Novice
Novice

Post by hollygirl »

I read somewhere about Hua Hin Cable. I don't know whether they provide service in Pak Nam Pran. I am only 18kms. away. If I could find a good dvd store that sold good movies....I wouldn't need cable. I am really glad I found this forum...people are so nice! thank you.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

If you have a good internet connection, a computer with an HDMI connection and an HDMI connection on your TV, there are many sites that will satisfy your needs.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

how often do you come to HH? there is a dvd store in the basement of Market Village. on the left side as you walk in.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

robcar wrote:If you have a good internet connection, a computer with an HDMI connection and an HDMI connection on your TV, there are many sites that will satisfy your needs.
Depends on your nationality, but Thai Expat TV is good for UK main channels and costs 6000 baht a year, so if you have a fairly good internet connection, that's one option.