TV electronics and computer shop in Hua Hin area

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
jammy
Rookie
Rookie

TV electronics and computer shop in Hua Hin area

Post by jammy »

Hi Guys, Anybody know any Computer camera electronic shops around the Hua Hin area. Ie. like Currys back in the UK or am I asking to much. Supposed to be summer here in the UK, Manchester, 11 degrees at the moment and cold rain, cheers guys, Jammy the Newbie
buksida

Re: TV electronics and computer shop in Hua Hin area

Post by buksida »

Top of the old Shopping Mall is all dedicated to IT products as is the third floor of Market VIllage.

There are several smaller ones dotted around town but they tend to be limited on stock and a little over priced.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Hi

Think most of the shops on the top floor of the old Shopping Mall have either closed or moved to the third floor of Market Village Shopping Mall. There is a shop on the second floor of Market Village that sells cameras of all formats including DSLR's, but they don't carry many camera accessories.

Can get most of your computer stuff as 'buksida' suggests in shops at Market Village Shopping Mall, but agree think because its a holiday resort prices are a little steep.

There are several shops similar to Curry's in town one is 'Power Buy' 'www.powerbuy.co.th/en' check out this web page for a feel of prices.
buksida

Post by buksida »

You can also buy a lot of electronics online from www.lazada.co.th

Payment on delivery for most items and better prices than Hua Hin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

jammy wrote:Hi Guys, Anybody know any Computer camera electronic shops around the Hua Hin area. Ie. like Currys back in the UK or am I asking to much. Supposed to be summer here in the UK, Manchester, 11 degrees at the moment and cold rain, cheers guys, Jammy the Newbie
Hua Hin is the worst place to shop for everything. over priced and no selection, not in stock, no have, no accessories.

"Big Camera" in MV has many cameras, but no accessories to speak of. i tired to buy a camera shoulder strap for my Canon, no have. really? you don't sell camera straps? IS THIS IN FACT NOT A CHEESE SHOP? What kind of cheese do you have?

I was in Bananas for Brains Computers on the top floor Market Village and I asked them to turn on one of notebook computers so I could see the display. "No can". OK. you will not turn on the computer? "if you buy then can". I got over it. then i spent some time comparing computers and made a choice. "No have". what do you actually have in the store right now for sale? not much. same all over town. power whatever on soi 88 actually displays notebook computers that they know are no longer available. at all. done. i asked why do you have the computers on display? deer in the headlights.

As for the "IT" stores, just a endless sea of the same junk cellphone accessories that break in about a week. imposible to buy a case for my new Samsung phone. no have. only cheap junk than does not protect the phone.

not sure about UK prices, but I just bring everything from the USA. My Canon camera was 3000 baht less in California than Hua Hin.

But if you really like torture and must shop in Thailand, you can hike around Bangkok.

thanks doctor, i feel better now. :D
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
jammy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jammy »

Hi Guys, cheers for the good info, I think I'll put 50 inch flat screen TV in my hand luggage. When I come ove then. LOL. No. Seriously I will have good look on the web address that you have passed over, Hope to meet a lot of you guys when in Hua Hin. Looking for an apartment for the first month or so. Saw a Condo block next door to Hua Hin Hospital. That didn't look to bad, anybody know. Saw it on YouTube from one the chaps on there, JC I think, Live Long and Prosper and if you do prosper give a bit to me. Thanks. Lads