The i-things - Apple devices and software thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The I-things (Apple devices) thread

Post by kendo »

Can i have some help please guy's...........

A friend of mine has very kindly offered to burn a load of the latest movies on to a 64GB memory stick for me. I know i can buy an adaptor to plug it into an Ipad mini but will the Ipad play the movies automatically or do i have to go around the houses downloading some kind of Apple friendly media player. :roll:

Or option two should i just bring a netbook instead. :D
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Find out if you can download VLC player for the iPad, I certainly use it on my iMac. It plays anything and everything.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

VLC is the best player out there imo. I use it on every device I own and it will just about play any media file you come across. :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Great I've just downloaded it. :D

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Option two it is then after p*issing aground with the iPad for more than two hours i will now bring with me a netbook. :banghead: (Big Boy will chuckle at this) :D

Firstly checked memory stick all works good on a laptop my mate has done me proud and put 25 new films on their cheers for that Leo.

Now got this lightning camara adaptor thought great pluged it into the iPad mini along with the USB memory stick and ...... Nothing zilch bugger all, so messed around with VLC and down loaded other players still nothing.
I then after my third can of lager had one of those urika moments and do what I normally do and seek advise from Utube. It turns out that USB memory sticks are not compatible with an iPad nor a non powered hard drive and only some powered hard drives can be used with another adaptor.

Oh well that two hours of my life wasted should have thought about this a bit more really downloading the cheap Charlie way was never going to be compatable with the mighty American corperation

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Have you tried putting films onto iTunes on your laptop and then transfer them to your iPad - I've done it before so it definitely works, although it's a couple of years since I last did it and can't quite remember exactly how I did it.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I can't be bothered with so little time so at least bring the netbook with me I can also use AIS Aircard up at my house in Issan no WiFi.

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Here is a question for the gurus out there......................

My eldest daughter has an iPad mini and would like to use Line on it. We downloaded the application, but she cannot actually sign up for a line account with it. Apparently, you need to sign up using a smart phone. I have tried doing this for her with my phone but it seems I cannot do it because I already have my own line account on my phone.

Does anyone know how I can get around this?

Thanks.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Interesting My stepson uses Line but my wife can't get it finish downloading in the UK tried on an Iphone and a Galaxy.

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Apple pushed out IOS 9 this week. If my wife's experience with it is any indication, I recommend waiting until they release a bug fix before updating. It has lots of problems.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Three iPads and two iPhones updated to iOS 9 this week and no problems to report so far. A couple of apps crashing but that was happening before and is down to the developers getting their updates submitted to Apple on time and nothing to do with the OS as far as I can tell. Anything in particular I should be concerned about or you want me to try and replicate?
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

I wish I could report same but many problems with my IPhone 5C. After updating to 8.4.1 I can't use the Bluetooth nor the WiFi features. Waited for upgrade 9.0 and things only got worse. Now I've got 11 U2 songs I didn't buy or download and none of my own ringtones. Downloaded some new ringtones and can't install them as my IPhone no longer seems to have the capacity to download either music or ringtones!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just to prove Apple is not as secure as some may lead you to believe:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34311203
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

My office had a discussion with a technician today who said if your WiFi is grayed out you will need a new phone. Fortunately mine was under warranty and a new one will arrive tomorrow.