Mobile phone registration

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: Mobile phone registration

Post by Big Boy »

That is the question I asked (it's in Thai). Mrs BB insists it says, 'on'.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:That is the question I asked (it's in Thai). Mrs BB insists it says, 'on'.
It may very well say "on", but logic suggests that it really means "by", otherwise as you suggest, trying to register 10's of millions of SIM cards in one day would be impossible.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As has already been said, is the quote below not in plain English? Seems clear to me!!
Prepaid mobile phone users will no longer be able to use the mobile service if they fail to register their personal information under a national telecom regulator circular, effective Feb 1.
However, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) will give current unregistered prepaid mobile users six months to register personal information. After July 31, those failing to register subscriber information or providing incorrect information will have their mobile voice and data services terminated, NBTC secretary-general Takorn Tantasit said.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I know what has already been said, which I why I tried to adhere to the wishes of this fine country, and tried to register my SIM. I couldn't.

2 days later, I received an instruction from my service provider stating registration has to be made ON 31 July 2015, by going to the exact same office where early registration was denied.

I know what makes sense, and I tried - TIT. Common sense doesn't always prevail.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:Yes, I know what has already been said, which I why I tried to adhere to the wishes of this fine country, and tried to register my SIM. I couldn't.

2 days later, I received an instruction from my service provider stating registration has to be made ON 31 July 2015, by going to the exact same office where early registration was denied.

I know what makes sense, and I tried - TIT. Common sense doesn't always prevail.
But the comment above posted by HHTel states that the six month period starts 1st Feb, so maybe next week it will be ok?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hmmm..... maybe - I'll wait for a few successes before I try again, if at all.

Points 48; Position 20
nic
Novice
Novice

Post by nic »

The wife and I registered our phones at AIS in the Market village last Wednesday,both under her name as suggested by the very helpful assistant. very easy process and no problems.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've just come back from Market Village, were we bumped into Mrs & Mrs Norseman. Norseman proudly announced that he'd just successfully registered his phone at AIS,

Mrs BB duly finished her breakfast, and we went up the escalator to AIS.

The meet and greet crew, although still young were visibly more mature than the clueless nappy duo who turned us away a couple of days ago.

I showed one of them the text that said I had to go on 31 July. She asked if we had either passport, ID Card or driving licence, to which we replied yes. She took my passport and Mrs BB's ID Card, and photocopied them.

We were then taken to a desk, and both given a form to complete - phone number, name and signature. We also had to sign the photo copies - job done.

Why the hassle 2 days ago - I know the answer, TIT.

Points 48; Position 20
sam123
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sam123 »

Without wishing to sound negative, this sounds like it could be quite an ordeal for those with several prepaid SIM cards and devices for personal calls, work calls, a tablet device, laptop USB modem etc.

I expect the process will confuse the shop assistants and they will no doubt request the customer's passport four or five times, LOL.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No Sam, it was easy. Even with 10 phones to register, it's not going to take 10 minutes. The only ordeal will be if you hold several phones from different providers.

Points 48; Position 20
sam123
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sam123 »

Big Boy wrote:No Sam, it was easy. Even with 10 phones to register
Thanks, you're very positive, it's good to know that! I was also about to start a thread about how bad the stock control, deficient management and quality of food is at the new Big-C store in Cha-am, but on that positive note, I shan't do it!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Went up to AIS on the 3rd floor of MV this week with the wife this week to get our phones 'registered'..
..my wife agreed that she'd put both phones in her name, so I sat outside & let her do the deed.
After nearly half an hour she came out fuming!
I will not repeat on here the words she used to describe the aptitude of the ladies working in this shop..!
I don't think it helped matters when the assistant TOLD my wife to take out her sim cards in a curt manner...needless to say that yes, after a few choice words from wifey..the very same assistant begrudgingly did what she was supposed to. Anyway job done, & STILL do not know WHY..???
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

usual suspect wrote:STILL do not know WHY..???
BIG BROTHER

Points 48; Position 20
hhnewbie

Post by hhnewbie »

We did it a couple of days ago. Went to AIS in MV early in the morning and the greeting lady helped us to get a number and were served right away. Registered two cell phones plus one aircard SIM card, filled out one form with all the numbers and copy of passport. All took 10 minutes..no sweat....
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

i got a text message from AIS telling me to register. so off i go...
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.