Mini projectors

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Mini projectors

Post by buksida »

Want to get one of these to show local football games. However they range from 2k baht to over 50k.

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=projectors

Does anyone use one and if so what would you recommend for reasonable quality (doesnt have to be HD) screen resolution, would like to try and keep it under 5k.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Mini projectors

Post by Pleng »

I've never used one but one thing to beware of is a lot of the cheap ones advertise the maximum *input* resolution under the 'Resolution' spec, rather than the output resolution. You need to search for 'native resolution' to see what they output - for example, this one is advertised as having a Maximum Resolution of 1920 x 1080; but if you look further down, it only actually outputs its image at 480 x 240.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Done a bit of research since I posted this and noted that. Looks like you cant get anything under 10 grand with a half decent display, a TV looks like a better option!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

A friend of mine used to use one and another disadvantage with these projectors is that the bulbs don't last all that long and they can cost quite a lot of money to replace, upwards of £50 in the UK.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd go with that as well. I used to use them all of the time when teaching. They go with an almighty bang when they blow as well - not for anybody of a nervous disposition.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

That was probably the kerosene in the lamp that exploded :run:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain