TRUE Internet

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: TRUE Internet

Post by hhfarang »

But why do you (Big Boy) get consistently good speeds from True and others are complaining. I was thinking of switching as I'm fed up with 3BB, but from posts above it seems True is no better for some people. :? :? :?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Another random test - 20.95 down, 1.44 up.

I've had both, 3BB and True. When I had 3BB I was satisfied, even though my daughter who had True claimed her service to be much better. It was only when 3BB said they were too busy to fix mine that I changed. It's now fantastic. Movies download in 5 to 10 minutes on a bad day - that was 5 to 10 hours (or more) with 3BB. Basically I didn't miss what I'd never had. I wouldn't even consider going back now.

I think the difference is that True installed a brand new fibre network. 3BB has a much older infrastructure, and are repeatedly patching where needed (the reason for your downtime/disruptions).

I guess the True users who complain have either never suffered 3BB, they aren't part of the new network or they are members of the Grumpy Old Man club :wink:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

...or they are members of the Grumpy Old Man club :wink
Careful, :tsk: , I'm the President of that club! :D :D :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: TOT Internet Issues - Is it only me?

Post by Name Taken »

My internet connection has been very inconsistent the past few days to, not sure what the issue is.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

NT

Depending on your location it may well be as a result of building or roadworks IMO
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I lost my connection altogether yesterday morning for a few hours, and it's been very slow for a while now.
I did 7 speed tests between 2 a.m. and 2 p.m. today and the download speed varied from 0.38 Mbps to (once) 4.85.
A test a moment ago shows 8.02.

These tests were on TOT's own speed tester, so I imagine they are likely to be overestimated rather than underestimated.
This is the way
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Still getting frequent disconnects this morning.
:banghead:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

The ISP is True.
http://www.asianet.co.th/ENG/home.html

A bit off topic but has anyone else noticed that True has 3 different facebook pages and at least 2 different websites. :?
Last edited by Name Taken on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Although when checking my speeds on True, they have been extremely good, I have had difficulties accessing certain overseas site, including the forum for a couple of days. It has been working fine, but then just drops for an hour or so. At such times, I've been converting my phone into a wi-fi hotspot. Because the wi-fi hotspot has worked, I'm assuming its an ISP problem.

Points 48; Position 20
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

It has been total crap since about the 12th of this month, for the past 5 days it is just impossible to use. Takes about 4 or 5 tries just to load a page, all downloads are impossible, streaming including watching youtube is mind numbingly frustrating, stopping every 5 seconds for 10 seconds or so. I have had 3 different excuses from True as to the reasons for the problems, non of which seems to pan out when I search for these problems online. I use 3BB at home and have had non of these problems at all.

Time to cancel and move my business internet to 3BB.

I was told by a Thai technician that True are offering the Asian Games to all it's users and that the current Gov has said that they have to make the service available online to all Thai users across all devices. So does that mean that to allow them to sit on the Skytrain, or wherever, and watch the Asian Games on their mobile phones, True has had to shift almost it's entire bandwidth to accommodate this service at the expense of it's monthly subscribers?
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Is it really that bad for you JD? I downloaded the latest Sons of Anarchy in 3 minutes 2 days ago. Generally, the only sites I'm having problems with are the forum and associated sites. When that happens, I just shift to my wi-fi hotspot. This proves it is True as opposed to the forum, but generally I'm delighted with the service, and couldn't bear to switch to 3BB again.

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I'm convinced all these positives and negatives are based on location
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

JD wrote:It has been total crap since about the 12th of this month, for the past 5 days it is just impossible to use. Takes about 4 or 5 tries just to load a page, all downloads are impossible, streaming including watching youtube is mind numbingly frustrating, stopping every 5 seconds for 10 seconds or so. I have had 3 different excuses from True as to the reasons for the problems, non of which seems to pan out when I search for these problems online. I use 3BB at home and have had non of these problems at all.

Time to cancel and move my business internet to 3BB.

I was told by a Thai technician that True are offering the Asian Games to all it's users and that the current Gov has said that they have to make the service available online to all Thai users across all devices. So does that mean that to allow them to sit on the Skytrain, or wherever, and watch the Asian Games on their mobile phones, True has had to shift almost it's entire bandwidth to accommodate this service at the expense of it's monthly subscribers?
The government should absolutely not be telling a private company/corporation how to run it's business, that is totalitarianism. A private company/corporation should have the freedom to offer their services to who they want to or do not want to.
This current government is worse than the previous government.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Name Taken wrote:The government should absolutely not be telling a private company/corporation how to run it's business, that is totalitarianism. A private company/corporation should have the freedom to offer their services to who they want to or do not want to.
This current government is worse than the previous government.
They allowed the Free Thai TV Channels (Gov or Army owned) to broadcast all of the Football World Cup Games despite the Broadcaster who bid and won (loads of millions of baht) for the sole rights. They said this was a way to promote happiness within the Thai people.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Absolutely delighted with my True Internet until this evening's deluge. Totally dead in the water now. Anybody else suffered the same fate?

Will leave it until the morning to see if it dries out before contacting them.

Points 48; Position 20