TOT Internet Issues

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Re: TOT Internet Issues - Is it only me?

Post by Frank Hovis »

It might be a combination. That page is slow for me on TOT but if I switch to AIS it's quick.

Both TOT and AIS to external sites are about as slow as each other.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I don't know if it's *still* going on or not, but I noticed that there were repairs continuing to the fire-damaged cabling at soi94 for at least 3 days after the event. My internet was pretty choppy for the last few days, which I assumed must have been due to the repair work. It seems ok now though.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm getting 10.43 on a 10 meg connection through TOT. OK, it's early morning but that speed has been normal at pretty much any time of the day for quite some time.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Problems for the last few days making it very difficult to use internet.

When I do a test getting no upload speed. Anyone else experiencing this?

http://speedtest1.totbb.net
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Post by buksida »

Been utter shite for several weeks - thinking about switching providers to carrier pigeon.

FYI, your speed test site is useless as it will test to a local Thai server. If you want an accurate speed test you need to test to an international one, preferably in the US as that is where most mainstream websites are hosted.

http://www.speedtest.net/ (select a server in the US).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Hi Buksi

Yep, did also try http://www.speedtest.net/ my concern is no upload speed being recorded on all speedtest sites anyone else got this?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, here in Rayong also. No pattern to it. At 3 in the morning it will be fast, only to be nothing at 4. Some good hours here and there...up and down throughout the day and night. Subsequently, I switch to True 3G wireless and none of the same problems experienced. Not blinding speed, but acceptable.

I was thinking it's the Gov. software that may be in use to monitor websites....but since I don't get the delay with True I've discarded that possibility for now. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

prcscct wrote:Yes, here in Rayong also. No pattern to it. At 3 in the morning it will be fast, only to be nothing at 4. Some good hours here and there...up and down throughout the day and night. Subsequently, I switch to True 3G wireless and none of the same problems experienced. Not blinding speed, but acceptable.

I was thinking it's the Gov. software that may be in use to monitor websites....but since I don't get the delay with True I've discarded that possibility for now. Pete

Pete are you saying no upload speed being recorded also?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Perhaps I just hit a good time. with True 3G wireless to San Francisco I just got 0.95mbps down and .02 up.

With TOT hard wired modem after 3 tries to the same place, and the first two getting a red colored "latency failure" whatever that is,....I got 3.32 down and 0.22 up.

I can guarantee that when I try TOT at random later on I'll get nothing. There's no pattern to their up and down performance. This "latency failure" could be the key if whatever it is fails periodically and disrupts performance. You know what that means Buks? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

....as an example. I was back on TOT after performing the last test and posted my above reply on TOT. It took forever to post, and never did get back to the forum page showing my post...it just hung endlessly. Therefore....I'm back on True 3G again now. :roll: Very frustrating!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I and 3BB connection 10MB, just tested and get 11.35 download and 0.62 upload

I was previously with TOT and no end of hassles, went to their office on Phetc Kasem and went off at them, the person left the room, 5 minutes later came and said "ok go home and check again if no good come back"

I went home and service was perfect so they must have someway of limiting through flow
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Ok panic over engineer called and now 9.50Mb Down 0.30 Up. But for how long.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

New-look TOT approves undersea cable as turnaround begins

".....TOT chairman Gen Surapong Suwanna-adth said the submarine cable projects would serve growing demand for internet bandwidth, fuelled by the explosive growth of 3G and 4G wireless data traffic....."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tel ... und-begins
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hope so ... its slower than dialup today ... :guns: :cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

TOT have just upgraded my connection to a fiber optic one for no charge. While it isn't much faster it is certainly more reliable and hasn't dropped out once.

If you use TOT it maybe worth contacting them to see if fiber-op is available in your area.