Using Netflix in Thailand

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Using Netflix in Thailand

Post by hhfarang »

I use Netflix here on top of my satellite TV for even more streamed and on demand content. I can't understand why they don't offer it in more countries. It's totally streamed content requiring no support presence locally and payment can be set up in many ways including credit card. They offer it in Australia, New Zealand and a lot of Europe. There must be licensing or government regulations that keep them from offering it in places like Thailand. It's a great service and costs only a flat rate of $7.99 per month and they have an app for just about every internet connected device so you can watch on or download to anything that is connected. If you watch one movie per month, you've got your money's worth.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

I use a VPN router which allows us to have a Roku box in every room with a TV and get Netflix, Amazon and many other streaming video viewing software.. Pay a monthly fee on my credit card and have full access to netflix...RoKu has no fees after purchase.... That and my slingbox and I have everything I could possibly want to watch or see.... Great setup for my needs, with the new 3BB fiber I run at great speeds....
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Which ISP do you use? I've used 3BB and True and both of them have throttled VPN traffic so much as to be unusable for streaming.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

If you're a TrueVisions subscriber you can download the TrueVisions Anywhere TV app from iTunes and watch tv and movies, I guess it's similar to Netflix.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Name Taken wrote:If you're a TrueVisions subscriber you can download the TrueVisions Anywhere TV app from iTunes and watch tv and movies, I guess it's similar to Netflix.
Think it's only work on Iphone and Ipad

:cheers: :cheers:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

bsdk1960 wrote:
Name Taken wrote:If you're a TrueVisions subscriber you can download the TrueVisions Anywhere TV app from iTunes and watch tv and movies, I guess it's similar to Netflix.
Think it's only work on Iphone and Ipad

:cheers: :cheers:
Yeah, I think you're right.

:cheers:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Also on Android.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Followed the above link from the UK and ended up here: -

http://www.ukispcourtorders.co.uk/
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Cartoon HD is back up and running I have just realised you can access Netflix through it question is can you log into Cartoon HD in Thailand. Does anyone have an existing Netflix account that could test this for me.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Not Netflix, but this may work over there...

https://bgr.com/2015/06/05/free-streami ... -features/
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

hhfarang wrote:Not Netflix, but this may work over there...

https://bgr.com/2015/06/05/free-streami ... -features/
Here is the direct link to this site. http://ccloud.corrent.org they have a lot of TV stations and radio stations. You can use many devises and it's very simple to use at least on my iPad and no signing up for anything.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

It appears Netflix is now in Thailand. Mrs m got something from a friend and asked me for our account sign in. We have an account in the states and never cancelled it since my kids sponge off it.

I told her that Netflix isn't available here in Thailand. She replied that her friend said it was. My reply was, "Sure sweetie, the same Thai friends that give you all that other reliable info" but gave her the log in.

Two minutes later she showed me a movie playing :oops: :oops:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I keep getting an iflix advert on my Facebook page, offering a 30 day free trial - is this the same thing?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Two separate companies. I don't know where Iflix is based. Netflix is US.

https://www.iflix.com/about.html#eGs5B3UQYxrpq7Iq.97

https://www.netflix.com/th/

EDIT; Just found that Iflix is a Malaysian private company. Netflix is a public company traded on the NASDAQ at $117.68 per share as of today.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source