3BB internet speed and problems

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: 3BB Internet Speed

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Pagey wrote:Dannie, do you ever re boot your router when service is 'out' ?

I had a new router from 3BB about 3 or 4 months ago and now I find when I turn my laptop on in the morning it rarely connects automatically to the internet. It connects but shows local only. So I have to turn the router off then back on and it connects immediately and stays that way all day. And due to the rain I've hardly been out so been on the laptop or watching TV via set top box using internet most of day and night.

I live Soi 94 if that makes any difference ?
It's been turned off/on about 10 times in the last two days and whilst it seems to help sometimes, at others it has had no impact. My wife called 3BB yesterday and although the woman promised to call back, we heard nothing. I'm hoping that with the reduced rainfall, the availability will improve. :cheers:
Having just read D-M's comment, I thought I should update this. The maint guys from 3BB came out and deduced that my cable was broken (don't ask me how) and it needed replacing, so I coughed up the 1200 baht for 100 metres of cable and now I'm getting 11 MB download, so very happy.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:Having just read D-M's comment, I thought I should update this. The maint guys from 3BB came out and deduced that my cable was broken (don't ask me how) and it needed replacing, so I coughed up the 1200 baht for 100 metres of cable and now I'm getting 11 MB download, so very happy.
You had to pay for new cable? Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you been scammed?

OK, I'm not with 3BB any more, but whenever we've contacted True, they've always warned about the cable scam, and have given us a number to phone if we are asked to pay for cable.

Or does this mean that I still own the 3BB cable coming into my house?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

^^ Noticed exactly the same. Downloads going like a rocket now. Must be all the disgruntled customers fleeing to True :)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard wrote:Must be all the disgruntled customers fleeing to True :)
I haven't noticed any degradation in speeds richard, in fact the latest episode of the Flash downloaded in under 2 minutes this morning, so obviously plenty of room for them.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:Having just read D-M's comment, I thought I should update this. The maint guys from 3BB came out and deduced that my cable was broken (don't ask me how) and it needed replacing, so I coughed up the 1200 baht for 100 metres of cable and now I'm getting 11 MB download, so very happy.
You had to pay for new cable? Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you been scammed?

OK, I'm not with 3BB any more, but whenever we've contacted True, they've always warned about the cable scam, and have given us a number to phone if we are asked to pay for cable.

Or does this mean that I still own the 3BB cable coming into my house?
Not sure whether I have been scammed or not, but they said that I needed a new cable from outside my house where the junction box is and because of where the supply starts and ends, it was about 90 metres. I can ask my wife to check with the office to confirm that we should indeed have paid, although the main thing from my point of view, is that I now have a fast and reliable service.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: The Digital Surgery Slow Internet

Post by PET »

The Internet (3B0 seems particularly slow over the last few days ( hin Lek fai area) - anybody else having this problem?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

PET wrote:The Internet (3B0 seems particularly slow over the last few days ( hin Lek fai area) - anybody else having this problem?
Way slow yesterday for any Google service, just slow for most everything else. (True, Soi 94)
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

PET wrote:The Internet (3B0 seems particularly slow over the last few days ( hin Lek fai area) - anybody else having this problem?
I've had a problem of 3BB service just dropping totally out for couple of seconds every two minutes or so for more than a month now at Dusitland 8. I wrote to 3BB two weeks ago, and contrary their usual impeccable service they have not replied so far.

These interruptions make everything in the net slow, so I share your experience.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I wrote to 3BB again on the 9th of July, but there has not been a reply to either the first or the second letter.

So I phoned and got a promise of someone phoning me. And, lo and behold, I got a call, only it rang just once and then was terminated by the phoner. So they kept their promise: they phoned me!

Before, AFAIAC, 3BB was a very good ISP with a very good customer service. No longer so, it appears.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I dumped 3BB when they were too busy to fix my line. Strangely, when I told them why I was terminating my contract as a result (I'd installed True immediately), the engineer turned up at my house several times to fix my service. We did not grant him access. IMHO they aren't the only game in town. If they're not interested, dump them and move on to another provider who is interested.

Points 48; Position 20
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Ok, but the problem is that True is not available in many locations
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If 3BB have a captive audience, they've got you I'm afraid.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've had 3BB for several years now and I cannot fault their service. The few times I've had a problem they respond within minutes of my call and normally the problem is fixed without a visit. The couple of times they've had to visit, it's the same day and the problem is fixed very quickly.

Just done a speed test (Ookla) and got just over 11mps download and just over 500 mps upload which more than covers the contractual promise (599 baht p.m.) (Soi 112)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That was exactly my experience until just before last years football World Cup finals - then 3BB turned. They were too busy to fix my system. I'm guessing Farang was/is in the same boat. On a poor day, I'm now getting at least double your speed, and often 4 times your speed on a good day.

I've just done a speed test (Ookla) and got just over 33mps download and just over 2.5 mps upload which more than covers the contractual promise. I can't match your INCREDIBLE upload speed (to the point I don't believe it), but I am more interested in download speed anyway.

I am paying a touch more than you, but I couldn't contemplate going back.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

"just over 500 mps upload "

Ooops! How about 0.5 mps.