VPN Recommendations and Discussion

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: VPN Recommendations

Post by richard »

Randy Cornhole wrote:I use Strong vpn.
Same and I cannot fault it
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

what i would like to be able to do is have an ip address that shows i am in australia(to access oz shows) and then can also be changed to show i am based in usa so when i subscribe to live rugby i aren't geoblocked because i am in thailand,is this possible and easy to do,will the speed of live streaming be slowed down because of the vpn?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Yes there are providers that offer multiple countries. vpnauthority is one (don't know if they cover the two specific countries that you are interested). You normally need to pay a separate subscription for each country you want to connect to. You can pay most monthly so you can unsubscribe and resubscribe as you like.

The speed of the steaming shouldn't really be affected by the VPN, though stay away from 3BB as packet loss can cause havoc with streaming services.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Pleng wrote:Yes there are providers that offer multiple countries. vpnauthority is one (don't know if they cover the two specific countries that you are interested). You normally need to pay a separate subscription for each country you want to connect to. You can pay most monthly so you can unsubscribe and resubscribe as you like.

The speed of the steaming shouldn't really be affected by the VPN, though stay away from 3BB as packet loss can cause havoc with streaming services.
i'm using 3bb atm in chumphon,but am looking for a new provider when i move up to hua hin in feb,would like landline to get calls from overseas any recommendations,also i don't understand what you mean by packet loss
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't understand it either, but I'm with 3BB, and apparently I suffer badly from it. 3BB have been ignoring the issue for many weeks. I've been given this link to explain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_loss
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

jingjoe wrote:what i would like to be able to do is have an ip address that shows i am in australia(to access oz shows) and then can also be changed to show i am based in usa so when i subscribe to live rugby i aren't geoblocked because i am in thailand,is this possible and easy to do,will the speed of live streaming be slowed down because of the vpn?
A friend uses "Trusted Proxies" to watch Oz TV/Sports and says it has been reliable to date. free trial available: -

http://mktg3.trustedproxies.com/austral ... zAodEBQAWg

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

I use Witopia and they have numerous access points around the globe, you just select which one you want to log into each time. I don't recall exactly how much it cost, but it was something like $65 for 12 months and no extra to use any of the access points.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

I'm another satisfied Strong VPN customer. Don't use it much, but when I do, it's easy and quick to log on, and it simply works as advertised.
tonyt
Rookie
Rookie

Assistance needed with P(r)oxy servers VPN`s or something!

Post by tonyt »

Could anyone please advise a complete thick twat how to (legally) gain access to areas such as BBC iPlayer and other UK based TV services whilst in Thailand?

Many thanks in anticipation of your response, and your understanding of a simpleton.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

www.tvchaosuk.com

If you can't access the site get back to me as I've plenty of invites available.

This site has 'loads' of up to date UK tv to watch - try it.

If you are a 'thick twat' you might want me to help you with the downloading procedure - happy to help.
tonyt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tonyt »

Many thanks for the help
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Pagey
Legend
Legend

Which VPN ?

Post by Pagey »

I've been using Zen mate for a while but it doesn't do the job anymore. I mainly use it to browse UK newspapers a couple of times a week so can anyone recommend a free easy to use VPN ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Which VPN ?

Post by hhinner »

Have you tried Hola? Just out of interest, why do you need a VPN for newspapers?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Publications such as Daily Mail are blocked for some ISPs e.g. I can't access Daily Mail.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18