Wanted - Don at IT-net service

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
parbeau

Wanted - Don at IT-net service

Post by parbeau »

Hello!
I bought a desktop computer from Don at IT-net Service a year and a half ago. Recently I´ve had numerous "blue screens" but I´ve learnt to live with that.
More alarming though was a screen popping up a few days ago concerning something called activation exploit, and activation loophole. I know that my OS Windows Vista Unlimited is fake (as is often the case when you buy a - cheap - computer in Thailand...??), and that I can´t use the Windows Update function. It was a bit spooky since although I use this fake OS somehow the true Windows "spoke" to me through this window... Anyway the message says that "software have been detected that bypasses the Windows activation which affects the stability of Windows". The name of this harmful code is SL08-010. The conclusion in the bottom of this message window is "if you don´t repair Windows the activation loophole can be deactivated by Windows and you will be asked to activate your copy of Windows with a valid product key".
This makes me worried. Will this actually happen? When? Naturally I want to avoid to buy a true WV (or W7) copy so I tried to get in contact with kuhn Don at It-net Service for advice. I tried to call him since I´m only down in Hua Hin every two months or so but something seems to be wrong with his telephone number. Do you know anything about him (or maybe about this problem!)? He changed telephone number? Shop (next to Shell gas station on Phetchkasem Rd) still open?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Wanted - Don at IT-net service

Post by richard »

Always had excellent service there. Must be a phone problem. I use 0325 30214 to contact him
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

As Buksi kindly informed me he has moved:

down soi 56, approach from petchakasem and he's on the right before the lights.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
parbeau

Post by parbeau »

JimmyG,

Do you also know if he has changed his telephone number (see Richards post above)??
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Just try Richard's post suggestion on the telephone number, worst that can happen is that you get no reply, then report back here. :?
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
parbeau

Post by parbeau »

I´ve tried that number for three days, but no answer or signal. Maybe it´s my phone.?
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

parbeau wrote:JimmyG,

Do you also know if he has changed his telephone number (see Richards post above)??
Sorry, Do not know about his phone number.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, they've moved shop so the number is probably disconnected.

You can also get computer support here: http://www.huahinmedia.com/huahin-computer.php

Or try Googling the issue, there are plenty of guides out there to disable WGA and the annoying blue box!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
parbeau

Post by parbeau »

OK thanks guys. Maybe I can´t get any further than this now. Think I prefer to talk to Don in person (always very helpful) so I try to talk to my friends in HH and see if they can find his (new?) number somehow.
:?
buksida

Post by buksida »

JimmyGreaves wrote: down soi 56, approach from petchakasem and he's on the right before the lights.
Any chance of a map? Went looking for it today where Don described it would be and ... nada.

I need my motherboard back!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Found it :thumb:
netmap.jpg
netmap.jpg (101.26 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
parbeau

Post by parbeau »

Thanks guys for your detective work. Next time I go to Hua Hin I pay him a visit at this location. Still can´t get through to his telephone number for some reason - maybe he changed his number?
parbeau

Post by parbeau »

For those of you out there wanting to get in touch with kuhn Don: Followed Buksida´s map (see above) and found him. His new telephone number is 032-534616
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Just a heads-up about this:

Khun Don is active on soi 56, just where Buksida's map shows. IT-Net is open six days a week, Sundays closed. Their telephone is still the same: 032 534 616 and the service is prompt, polite and with great expertise. The prices are decent and it all has been utterly reliable in the past.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Braddk
Novice
Novice

Post by Braddk »

Number NOT working and i know its a post from 2012 anybody have his new number