Buying a digital video camera in Hua Hin

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
sdeekay4
Rookie
Rookie

Buying a digital video camera in Hua Hin

Post by sdeekay4 »

Hi
I am visiting Hua Hin in June and I am hoping to buy a digital video camera when I am there. Are there many places that sell them? and are they a good price?
thanks x
susan x
buksida

hua hin digital cameras

Post by buksida »

There are plenty of shops that sell them here but you'll get much better prices in Big C or Bangkok. Everything of this nature (computers, cameras etc) in Hua Hin is overpriced.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Hi Susan,

Not sure where you are travelling from or via, but I am never sure if prices in Thailand, for this sort of equipment, are particularly good. Guarantees are notoriously bad!

You may be better buying at an airport, but always remember that if something goes wrong you may have warranty problems. Sometimes it is better to pay slightly more for these items and have the legal right to return faulty goods (I had trouble getting international warranty for a Pentax that I purchased in the USA as I didn't have a US address!!!). You may also find that credit card cover does not apply to foreign purchases.

Look and consider very carefully.

Wherever you buy it - enjoy your camera.

:) Peter
sdeekay4
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sdeekay4 »

Thanks, I think the duty free may be my best bet!
susan x
Edd Case

Post by Edd Case »

Hello Susan - Welcome
Agree with the above postings - when I was looking for this type of thing the Gulf states were the place to buy (pricewise) - Don't know if you're going that way though. Good Luck.