Forum notifications section

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Forum notifications section

Post by bsdk1960 »

Is it possible to avoid notification from an advertiser,is a little borring that you get a notification every time someone write something on the advertiser page ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Re: notification

Post by Big Boy »

Can you be more specific with what you mean by notification please? The only notifications you receive will because you have requested them. Also, when you say advertiser, do you mean forum sponsor?

If you mean forum sponsor, these are the people paying for the forum you use free of charge. It would be unfair to exclude them.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Hi BB
I mean the notification up on the right were there is a bell it just seems be one advertiser which appear there and allso peoples respond when he/she write something.
It' not a big problem at all just asking,don't wan't to make a big fuss out of it :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm very sorry bsdk - I've no idea what you mean by 'a bell'. I can only think you access the forum differently to me. Maybe one of the other Moderators can help.

Points 41; Position 18
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.62 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, thanks Bristolian. I was looking for a bigger bell :oops:

I get a lot of notifications, but I don't get these advertiser notifications, so you need to let me know who they are coming from so that I can investigate. If you prefer, PM me if you don't want to drop anybody in it publicly.

Points 41; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

The only notifications I ever get are if someone has PM'd me or quoted me in a thread..... can't see where the "Advertiser" bit is coming from....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

These can all be disabled in your UCP, advertisers do not post in this area and they are not permitted to contact users directly. Notifications and topic subscriptions are something you have to manage yourself, we would advise that you disable all topic subscriptions, more info can be found here: faq.php#f8r0
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

pharvey wrote:The only notifications I ever get are if someone has PM'd me or quoted me in a thread..... can't see where the "Advertiser" bit is coming from....
Yup, I use a few forums where this function is available. I find it helpful to know if someone has quoted a post I have made, or received a pm, or elsewhere, actually received a like!
Talk is cheap
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Forum notifications section

Post by bsdk1960 »

I like the notifications if I have posted something and people answer my post,but what I'm talking about is a certain advtorial wich starts come after the the new upgrade,have never got them before,i will try do what Lev suggested and see what happen, and again it's not a big problem ,just wonder why it happen,and I don't remember I have requested them ,but I have made a comment on some of this post, but that's a long time ago.
I don"t wan't to name the advotorial as it could be me that's wrong ,but will PM some of the moderators.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

bsdk, I've responded to your PM. In my PM I talk about a box being checked. The box is here, called, "Notify me when a reply is posted" Can you please open the thread to see if the box has been checked. If it has, simply uncheck it, let me know, and we can test it to see if the problem has been resolved.
it it this.png
it it this.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 7336 times

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:bsdk, I've responded to your PM. In my PM I talk about a box being checked. The box is here, called, "Notify me when a reply is posted" Can you please open the thread to see if the box has been checked. If it has, simply uncheck it, let me know, and we can test it to see if the problem has been resolved.
it it this.png
Yes BB my box show the same as this one you just posted now,but I have done the steps Lev suggestedto me so not sure how the box looks before that.

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

You have subscribed to the topic, it is nothing to do with being an advertorial or not, unsubscribe and the notifications will disappear.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

caller wrote:
pharvey wrote: I find it helpful to know if someone has quoted a post I have made, or received a pm, or elsewhere
Totally agree - a useful tool :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.