HHForum - the longer you're a member the less you post?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: HHForum - the longer you're a member the less you post?

Post by migrant »

I'm not much of a debater, I believe what I believe. I listen, and read, other opinions, and they may change my point of view, but not much for trying to convince someone of my point of view.
I really like the forum, as others have said, to get my "Fix" of what is going on, and also to ask questions of the accumulated knowledge. Also found some nice leads to restaurants and places to buy things!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Spitfire wrote:I still say what I think sometimes but yeah...agree with OP mostly, can't be arsed. Thing is though, the Internet as a whole is full of trolls, mischief makers and generally those that belong in a mental hospital that somehow have evaded the 'men in white coats', plus it's slowly getting worse all the time.

However, the forum has changed a lot in the last 3 years.

Furthermore, can't be arsed repetitively giving the same answers to noob expats that could find it out with an ounce of effort using the search function, jaded I guess I am with forums.....not to mention the apologists that seem to just want to troll because they have a set of these that they wear everyday........
:agree: :thumb: :clap:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

To answer the OP's question, 'the longer you're a member the less you post?' I think the answer is no.

Those (who are still with us) with the highest number of posts still post the most frequently except those newbies striving to get into the most disappointing thread 'Night Crawlers'
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote:To answer the OP's question, 'the longer you're a member the less you post?' I think the answer is no.

Those (who are still with us) with the highest number of posts still post the most frequently except those newbies striving to get into the most disappointing thread 'Night Crawlers'
That's not really my question, as can be seen in my post. My question was really, "Does anyone else feel as I feel, etc. etc. blah blah...?" - I just couldn't think of a way to condense it into a thread title.

I agree with your point, though, and I'm still a frequent poster - but on different topics and, as a result, in a more 'relaxed' style.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I don't think I post any less paticularly, but possibly like DM, on different subjects these days....

For several reasons, I unfortunately don't visit HH regularly these days and the forum does provide a welcome connection. It's also a great source of information regarding restaurants, day trips etc. for the Long Haired General and myself when we do visit.

I also work overseas a great deal and tend to be on my tod in some remote places..... hence I am thankful that there are many other aspects of this forum which I enjoy (which don't particularly have anything to do with HH or indeed Thailand): -

The Caption Competition.
The prediction leagues, F1, Wendyball, Rugby - and the banter.
BB's thread on the local Wendyball team.
Buksida's "photo threads" of his travels around Asia.....
Mr & Mrs V's journey back to the UK...

All great stuff, great reading and enjoyable to participate in.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

And since its Oscar week I would like to nominate H H Farang for a lifetime achievement award. His posts are always worth a read,he readily shares his long experience of Thailand and is one of life's interesting characters.
That's very kind of you dundrillin, but as I am the perfect example of what this thread is about I don't think I qualify any longer.

Since I moved back to the U.S. and probably will never darken the doors of Hua Hin again I have lost interest and have little to add to the discussion. I am busy actually living life now instead of writing (bitching) about it all the time so now I only check the forum once every week or two to see what's happening there, mostly in the real estate market as we still have some land to sell. We are honestly loving being back in the U.S. and even though taxes and insurance are an expensive hassle, everything else is wonderful and I actually go outside a lot instead of spending the day on the computer. :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?