Screen resolution problem when viewing PMs

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Screen resolution problem when viewing PMs

Post by hhfarang »

Why bother making suggetions. When you write a private message one third of it still goes behind the ads on the right and the owners/moderators don't care even though it bothers many people.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Re: Why bother

Post by zeitgeist »

I don't get that, is it a display size issue within the forum?
Big Boy

Re: Why bother

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:Why bother making suggetions. When you write a private message one third of it still goes behind the ads on the right and the owners/moderators don't care even though it bothers many people.
HHF, talk to us, and tell us what your problem is. What suggestion are you unhappy about?

The PM problem is merely a screen resolution problem, the fix which is in your own hands - we can't help with that one I'm afraid. I too was one of those many people it bothered, but fixed it in seconds when advised it was screen resolution.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Why bother making suggestions?

Post by hhfarang »

It's a problem for many people. I just did a private message to another member that goes to great lengths to get around it. It is not a resolution problem as it only happens when I write private messages, not on the regular forum. I asked for it to be fixed a long time ago here and it was ignored.

I mentioned it on this thread and others agreed. The suggested solutions make the type too small to read.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22720

I am a member of several forums in Thailand and all the others take suggestions and problems seriously a usualy correct them within a few days.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It is not a forum problem, it is the way your computer is set up. If you are using windows, the fix will take you less than a minute. If you are using Apple, I'm not able to comment, but I'm sure somebody on here can help.

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Did you read the thread? many people have the problem. I have 2 computers, a desktop with a large screen and a laptop using a small screen and unless you can prove it I don't believe it is a problem with my setup on either. Why wouldn't it happen on the regular forum if it was a setup problem. It has the same ads on the right, yet it only happens (to a lot of people) in the private message section of this forum.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It is the problem I also suffered - fixed in seconds. If you are using Windows, I'll gladly nip across to fix it for you when you get back.

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Can you just explain it so the many members having the problem can fix it... and why it only happens in private messages?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

By the way, it happens on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Linux in exactly the same way.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

And on my iPad
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:Can you just explain it so the many members having the problem can fix it... and why it only happens in private messages?
OK, no problem, although it has been explained many times before on here (that's why I know the solution).

If you have a mouse with a wheel, keeping the Ctrl key depressed, rotate the wheel until fixed.

If you don't have a wheel, again keeping the Ctrl key depressed, hitting '+' or '-' (ignoring the apostrophe) will have the same effect.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:And on my iPad
Sorry, I don't do Apple. I'm sure the solution must be as simple. Hopefully there will be an Apple user along soon to help you.

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Big Boy, I know you are a good person and mean well, but what you suggested (if I'm not mistaken) just makes the text smaller, and as I wrote on the other thread, if I do that the text is too small to read.

Again, WHY DOES THIS ONLY HAPPEN IN PRIVATE MESSAGES AND NOT ON THE REGULAR FORUM? That indicates a forum problem, not a screen resolution or text size problem...!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:And on my iPad
Sorry, I don't do Apple. I'm sure the solution must be as simple. Hopefully there will be an Apple user along soon to help you.
Dannie Boy, somebody has kindly PM'd the following solution for Mac users:
Hold the "command" key down and use the - to reduce and + to bring back to size. - clears the typing screen of the ads.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just to put my two pennyworth in. I have never had a problem with 3 computers. XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.

It's certainly not a forum problem.