Obituaries/Condolences

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Obituaries/Condolences

Post by dtaai-maai »

I posted an announcement of the death of a local expat in News yesterday, which was moved to The Beach Bar, to my complete bemusement. Maybe I overreacted - it wouldn't be the first time.
I'm told that such threads have always been placed in The Beach Bar. Okay.

However, it strikes me as inconsistent and slightly disrespectful that news of a farang falling off a balcony in Pattaya is 'news', while news of the death of a local expat is deemed to be a topic for "Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat."

Is it possible to create a sticky entitled something like "Obituaries/Condolences for local expats"? Not only would this ensure that such threads were not tucked away between discussions about flower sellers and book shops, but it would make them much easier to find, particularly for anyone unfamiliar with the forum.

[In the meantime, would a Mod please remove my 2nd post from the Michel thread in question?]
This is the way
buksida

Re: Obituaries/Condolences

Post by buksida »

dtaai-maai wrote: Is it possible to create a sticky entitled something like "Obituaries/Condolences for local expats"?
Wouldn't it be more disrespectful to have all of the obits/condolences for different people bundled into the same topic/sticky?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Obituaries/Condolences

Post by dtaai-maai »

You're right, of course. So how about a little sub-section?
This is the way