Difference between view new posts and active topics

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Difference between view new posts and active topics

Post by Gregjam »

As I visit the forum frequently throughout the day I usually use the view new posts link to see what is new or recently updated. Today I have been using the view active topics as many created appeared briefly this morning via the new topics link but by afternoon when I came back after a round of golf they were no longer appearing.

How do the two links works and have I got to change any settings as I am sure the view new posts does not usually do this to me.
buksida

Re: Difference between view new posts and active topics

Post by buksida »

The view new posts link will show you everything new since your last visit.

The 'hot topics' list only show the Hua Hin relevant ones since it gets syndicated onto other websites.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks Buksida, I access the forum from a number of different devices and will often be logged in on more than one at any given time which can explain why I get confusing differences.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Open via " View unread posts", the all posts stay there until read, regardless of anything else.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!