HHForum Ten Year Celebrations

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.

What kind of event would you attend

Sea/River Cruise
12%
Fishing Lodge
22%
Beach Gathering (afternoon)
32%
Bar Party (evening)
22%
Restaurant
2%
Other (please suggest)
No votes
Would not attend
10%

Total votes: 50

MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Re: HHForum Ten Year Celebrations

Post by MajorBloodnok »

Sorry! I almost forgot!

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MENTION ZE VAR!

MB - Your resident Fritz, Jerry, Kraut or Hun
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

MB

There will a few nationalities present but thoughts of a war that was over 65 years ago will not be on anybodies mind. It's history. This event is about celebrating a social forum that has survived 10 years and belive you me will be a joyous event.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Think I might go to this event too, sounds good 8)

Bugger - just realised that I have to organise it :roll:

Right now I'm sitting in my Hanoi apartment, having a break from the packing, and getting ready to depart for the airport for a very much anticipated business class return on Qatar Airways departing at around 11.00pm tonight. Arriving at Swampy around 1.00am - no doubt full of champers :P

Then straight to a Bangkok hotel where the family will be waiting.

Tomorrow it's Christmas shopping and then home to the Lodge on Friday - can't wait.

SO

I really would like some positive ideas on numbers, particularly those who will be coming in the evening - because depending on these, I can organise something hopefully memorable.

We can start any time from 2.00pm onwards. Probably a better time for those who want to bring children and who just want to sit, relax and chat. Also good for those who DO want to fish. I did promise the fish a day off - but they usually don't listen anyway :wink:

My thinking is that, those who want to 'party' should drop in around dusk (Come earlier if you want :thumb: ) but as it gets darker the projector and the disco lights can kick in if wanted and you can bop 'til you drop.

We have more than 400 music vids to choose from with stuff from the 60's through to the present day - so there should be something for everyone.

Sorry but the bungalows are already taken for the night.

Mrs. T has arranged for my staff to be around until 9.00pm for those wanting food. (After that - they'll probably sit and get hammered too...........)

We have held quite a few parties, Birthdays, New Year, Company 'does', Graduations and we did have a HHAD meet a few years back.

It very much depends on what you guys want, but I'll try and ensure that you all have a good time.

FINALLY - the Gangnam stuff :roll:

Mrs.T tells me she's got somebody working on the extension of our WiFi to the restaurant. If some of you techy gurus can help set up a webcast to especially our non attending absentees then ther'e maybe a chance that BG & Me might get some fame at last :blues:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, myself, my dear wife and MIIL will certainly be making a concerted effort to get there!! Just trying to point out to the Long Haired General that the soy sauce, gas burner and fishing net will likely have to be left at home.... :duck:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I'm a definite and we will be 4

Me, Thai wife, wife's son of 14 and wife's nephew of 25.

The lads will want to fish as both keen Isaan net fisherman (in those circumstances it's for food. Not fun).

So I would like to book a couple of rods for 1 to 2 hours. As such, we will turn up early (14.30). Whether we last long enough for the Gangnam show I don't know.

What normally transpires is after few sherbets, I get parked in a hammock while the Isaanites party til they drop :laugh:

ps. When Isaan teenagers take to their rods I suggest some assistance will be necessary to stop them eating the fish when caught. Isaan villagers are not always fussy about cooking their food :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Terry wrote:those who will be coming in the evening - because depending on these, I can organise something hopefully memorable.
We hadn't intended staying past sun down, but now you're tempting us - give us some more inclination, and our group could be persuaded.
Terry wrote:We can start any time from 2.00pm onwards. Probably a better time for those who want to bring children and who just want to sit, relax and chat. Also good for those who DO want to fish. I did promise the fish a day off - but they usually don't listen anyway :wink:
Can we come earlier for fishing if we want to? My son-in-law might have to work later that day, and he'd really like to get some fishing in. Can't say for definite if we'd want to roll up a bit earlier.
Terry wrote:the Gangnam stuff :roll:
What time is that scheduled (or is that the 'memorable night')? I'd hate to miss it while I was fishing :twisted:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Post by MajorBloodnok »

Dear Richard of Loxley,

my post was not seriously apprehensive, but more of a jest, referring to

a certain episode of FAWLTY TOWERS which you may not know.Lol

Take care!

Kind regards,

MB or Mike the Fritz
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Pharvey, richard, Bb - ok numbers noted

Richard
You had better hope for a techno cock-up, since it was YOU that insisted that I make a plonker of myself Gangnam Syle. I will personally feed you to my Alligator Gar, Arapaima and Pacu if you DON'T witness it.
The same fete will be dished out to those attempting any net fishing.

BB
I intend to close the Lodge to the general public on 2nd for the party. Any party guests who want to come and fish can do so any time after 09.00hrs as usual, just make sure you let us know that you are with the HHF group.

As for the memorable stuff - it's a surprise for now - if I can get it organised.

MB
If you want THAT episode to be shown on the big screen - it can be done - no problem.........
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

then ther'e maybe a chance that BG & Me might get some fame at last
I'm sweating already and it's snowing and -10 C outside.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

:lach:
Well I'm not religious, but I'm praying for a techno cockup :wink:
parbeau

Post by parbeau »

Hello!

I´m in Hua Hin over New Years, so I will definitely come. My wife is a bit shy :( so I probably come alone. Will be fun to meet with you "legends".

:cheers:
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Bloody hell, finally for once we are going to be in HH when a gathering of some sort is going on (always seem to be flying in or out when quiz nights etc. are happening), so providing I survive Crimble and NY; my liver hasn't given out and I don't get lost on the way, myself and she who must be obeyed are looking forward to being there :cheers: :cheers:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Sigh. I fly back from Singapore on the 1st, but unfortunately the 2nd is a working day for me in Bangkok. Would have loved to be there.
วินเชนท์
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

All being well we will both be there for the afternoon at least.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

VincentD wrote:Sigh. I fly back from Singapore on the 1st, but unfortunately the 2nd is a working day for me in Bangkok. Would have loved to be there.
Why not throw a sicky? :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20