Golf Subforum

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Big Boy

Re: Golf Subforum

Post by Big Boy »

prcscct wrote:
caller wrote:Its actually already as big as some forums in its own right, so I think it would be better off as a 'forum', sitting next to the Sports section in 'the lounge'.
Yes, I agree. Pete :cheers:
That's what I expected - hence my initial trouble finding it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Good work to sift all the historic golf threads.

Yes I think that as HH is a big golfing destination as opposed to pool & fishing :-) it deserves it's own forum, please.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

JimmyGreaves wrote: Yes I think that as HH is a big golfing destination as opposed to pool & fishing :-) it deserves it's own forum, please.
And I don't want to read a hundered thread about golf; it deserves it's own forum please! :D

Actually the subforum idea would have worked out nicely if it wasn't for the unread topics issue...
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:
prcscct wrote:
caller wrote:Its actually already as big as some forums in its own right, so I think it would be better off as a 'forum', sitting next to the Sports section in 'the lounge'.
Yes, I agree. Pete :cheers:
That's what I expected - hence my initial trouble finding it.
One problem I guess is that "sports" doesn't list under latest topics, "events and activities" does. Golf is a hot subject and important to the town so I guess it's best in E&A for guest readers rather than in Sports. That's my take on why it's where it is. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

It if had it's own separate forum, it could be configured to still show under latest topics.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

It can be configured to display in the latest topics as is but yes, maybe better with its own actual forum rather than a sub, will get this done shortly - maybe one of the golf courses will sponsor it! :D
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Lev wrote:It can be configured to display in the latest topics as is but yes, maybe better with its own actual forum rather than a sub, will get this done shortly - maybe one of the golf courses will sponsor it! :D
Excellent.

Yes they should sponsor it and give up-to-date information as most of their websites are shite and never have recent info.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Lev wrote:It can be configured to display in the latest topics as is but yes, maybe better with its own actual forum rather than a sub, will get this done shortly - maybe one of the golf courses will sponsor it! :D
Any progress on this? The current format is pretty irritating! :S
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Don't even notice it TBH.

Irritating in what way Pleng... please elaborate.

Ooooh the troubles in life eh!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Pleng wrote: Any progress on this? The current format is pretty irritating! :S
Please tell us how it possibly can be considered "irritating", you are not a golfer and do not post on golf related topics so the subforum should not affect you one bit, just ignore it.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Lev wrote:
Please tell us how it possibly can be considered "irritating", you are not a golfer and do not post on golf related topics so the subforum should not affect you one bit, just ignore it.
Lev, that does not answer the question or the progress of your promise :D. You should not be having a pop at members, there's a good boy :D
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
Lev, that does not answer the question or the progress of the requirement :D. You should not be having a pop at members :D
Nobody is 'having a pop' at anybody, we just fail to see how a new subforum can be "irritating" - there are very simple ways to use this forum to get only the new topics since you logged in last - countless times we have suggested that people use the view new posts method to achieve exactly that without unnecessarily complicating matters - there is also a 'mark topics read' link which will do exactly that.

Now then, if those that do use the golf subforum want it promoted to a full forum we'll certainly consider it if there is enough demand.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Yes, I only use the view new posts so would not miss a post.

Just commenting on 'wiil get that done shortly' promise as I think pleng probably was.

Chock dee :-)
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Lev wrote:
Previously I had to ignore all the golf topics, check through the other ones to see which ones I wanted to read, read them, then click 'mark all topics as read'. That was mildly irritating, so I made this suggestion in the first place.

Now I have to both 'mark all topics as read' and ALSO 'mark all [sub]forums as read' to prevent the 'Events and Activities' section showing as having new posts. This is more irritating than the previous situation!
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Some people are just never happy! :rasta:

I'm sure if we're just a little patient it will all be O.K.
Last edited by T.I.G.R. on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.