Linking policy

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Linking policy

Post by dtaai-maai »

This has always been a minor bugbear of mine, but a recent thread has highlighted it.

Why are links to Thaivisa not allowed?
We all know it exists, most of us are probably members (or have been).
It's bigger than us, which is its main disadvantage and the reason I never go there unless it's to follow up some specific information. i.e. virtually never.

They don't allow links to us (I think). Who cares? I'm sure their members who are interested know we exist and will join if they want.
I say "we" when I refer to HHF because after 4 or 5 years I feel part of a little community here, bickering and all. I could never feel that with thaivisa.
IMO two different websites that meet completely different needs.

I think Admin should think beyond competition and assume its members and others are intelligent enough to make up their own minds. Prohibiting links suggests we have something to fear, and I don't believe that is true.
This is the way
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Linking policy

Post by Lev »

Thaivisa actively deletes links and even mere mentions of our forum and website so we do not see why we should send traffic their way and boost their search engine rankings and revenues by linking to what is effectively a competing website, this policy was something initiated by them - not us. As you say, everyone knows it exists, we do not prevent people reading other forums, but we do not allows links to any website that directly competes with our own by offering online advertising for Hua Hin - this falls into the common sense category.

Our linking policies are not for discussion so this thread is locked.