Motoring Forum

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
PeteC

Motoring Forum

Post by PeteC »

Could be well received? A section about everything motoring; cars, 4WD, motorcycles, boats, planes. What you have, what you've done to it. Recommendations and warnings. Maintenance costs and where to do it properly. News releases of new models and price structures in Thailand, motor shows when/where, stories about your Hot Rod days when an engine was an engine etc. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Motoring Forum

Post by Lev »

Not a bad idea, and one that has been suggested before we think. If there is enough response in support of the new forum in this thread we shall make it so.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Doesn't appear to be much interest, Pete. Maybe not many revheads on here? It could include the procedure for getting a drivers licence and car Insurance, maybe as a sticky. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Nereus wrote:Doesn't appear to be much interest, Pete. Maybe not many revheads on here? It could include the procedure for getting a drivers licence and car Insurance, maybe as a sticky. :cheers:
There's a ton of stuff. If you search 'motoring' it's scattered all over the place. Oh well. Maybe later. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

Ok ill start, last year i bought a 1990 bmw 316 i on gas, a real slug to drive. Then about a month ago the engine in it was as week as piss low com i suspect, so i start hunting to try and match the power of what i drive at home, i ended up putting a toyota supra and auto box turbo in it, with front mount inter cooler, 10 litre surge tank in the boot with 2 fuel pumps. First run broke the prop shaft [uni joint] fixed that with a custom one. Then after a week the thermo fans chucked it, custom ones in stainless being made now. I think it has about 280, 300 hp, my race rx7 has 400 and i don't think it would be that much slower, as long as the diff will hold together i think it might be ok, also the air con works too :D
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

OK - here's another - literally for you petrol heads............

Nothing strange about this old pickup - you might think
oldpup.jpg
oldpup.jpg (44.72 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
I've had it since 2001

I know for sure that it is assembled from at least three different Hilux's

Engine - Toyota 2ltr PETROL - always confuses the garage attendants :shock:

Has column shift manual gear change and yes ...........wait for it

A BENCH SEAT :cheers: :cheers:

Fat wheels and fecked aircon

We still use it to collect building materials and the dirty jobs around the Lodge.

I bought it from an expat who was leaving Thailand in a hurry back in 2001 - His Thai G/F was apparantly gonna murder him - having been caught utilising that bench seat for non motoring exercise :laugh: :laugh:

We still use it regularly

A great old run around with a bit of history :bow:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is just the 'suggestion' section guys to see if a separate forum is warranted. Including myself we have four now, so best to hold off on any actual motoring posts until the decision is made about the forum. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

- having been caught utilising that bench seat for non motoring exercise

We still use it regularly
Is that what you really meant to say Terry?
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Anyway, I do support the idea of a Motoring Section
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

:tsk:

Not since the aircon died :wink:

:duck:

BTW - motoring section - good idea - might bring out the closet Jeremy Clarksons :banghead:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

So many good logos to consider as well. Which one would you choose? :shock: :laugh: Pete :cheers:
HotRodLunatics.jpg
HotRodLunatics.jpg (106.65 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
HotRod.gif
hhhoney.gif
hhhoney.gif (30.43 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Attachments
HH Honey.jpg
HH Honey.jpg (8.3 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I think it is a good idea. My husband is always glued to Wheeler Dealers, so would find it good :)
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Bit late with this post, I know ( :roll: ), and seems like it won't happen in just a motoring only format.

Just a quick suggestion........further to what has been said,

How about extending it to include all forms of transport as well as private motoring? Maybe something like 'Motoring and Transport in Hua Hin and Thailand'. There is a lot to talk about on the subject and, as mentioned above, the related threads/posts so far are all-over-the-show. Could include everything from samlos to Ferraris and shiny extras for a bike or pickup to bus travel fears and experiences etc.

I suppose, if you were to ever do it, then distinguishing it properly from the 'On the road' forum would be good as some confusion as to which one to put some threads in may arise. Might have to move bus and train talk to the new forum and that wouldn't interfere with talk about other areas of Thailand.

But.....yeah, could be OK, I reckon.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

That's 7 yeas per my count. Perhaps when we get to 10? Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

For the record, Migrant has voted Yea on another thread. That's 8. Pete :cheers: