HHAD on the move

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
PeteC

Re: HHAD on the move

Post by PeteC »

Lev wrote:We will be proceeding with the domain name change next week, an official announcement will be made the day before and automatic redirects will take you to the new location.
All seems to have gone well. Got on at 0400 hours and asked to log in again and answer a security question. Up came the new domain and working fine. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Just noticed I'm on the new domain as well, although the kit still talks of HHAD! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Have noticed when using a HHAD link from my Hotmail account I get the Login screen, I login and go to the post.
When I then use another link from next e-mail I'm taken to login page and have to login again.
Never used to happen! I only used to have to Login once and could flip back and forth opening HHAD email links with only one Login. :?

This only started yesterday :cry:

The links on my e-mails are http: //www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic etc etc. so not the old domain name.

I put the space after http: to stop it being a link on this post.

:cheers:
Last edited by Khundon1975 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There's a box to check Don below the username/password to keep you logged in upon each visit. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

UPDATE-CORRECTION: Yes, you are right Don. I just existed and re-entered 3 times as a test and it asked me to log in each time regardless that I had the aforementioned box checked each time. Pete :cheers:
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Yes Pete I know thanks, but I did not need to use that prior to yesterday. I just left open the first email linked post, flipped back to my emails and clicked on the link and I would go direct to the linked post without having to either login in again nor tick that box you mentioned.

I will go for the tick box option ta, just wondered why I never had to resort to that before. :?

EDIT sorry Pete posts crossed so I missed your last one before I posted.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

:idea:

Could it be FireFox, that continually asks me if I want it to remember passwords on this site, I always refuse, as I never leave passwords on my computer, so I tick never remember box, when the request bar pops up.

Not being a teccy doesn't help. :oops:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We are now running on the new domain, there are a couple of minor issues:

1) You will be asked for your password again when you login as your browser will only have remembered it on the old domain. You will not be asked for it again if you have allowed your browser to remember it and checked the box on the forum that asks to remember your details next time you login.

2) There are a few missing images that will be fixed today.

3) Some links to the old HHAD static site will not work until we have fixed them.

4) The redirects also work fine for all threads seeded in the search engines and in our syndicated topics list.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lev wrote:We are now running on the new domain, there are a couple of minor issues:

1) You will be asked for your password again when you login as your browser will only have remembered it on the old domain. You will not be asked for it again if you have set your browser to remember it........
A bit confused on this one. I have never set my browser to remember my log in details, but by checking the box after username/password to automatically remember with each visit, the forum system took over and made logging in each time unnecessary. This would be valid for months sometimes. Now, this doesn't work. Pete :cheers:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Nothing has changed, I have just done it here and it works, you will want to clear the browser cache and delete the HHAD cookies - it will assign a new one.

None of this will matter though until we resolve the first problem being that the forum is in the /forum/ folder where it needs to be at root, this will be changed today.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Why this change ? Not worried about all the work you has done on the branding ?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

All will be revealed in due course, nothing on the forum will be changed in the short term.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

prcscct wrote:Now, this doesn't work. Pete :cheers:
We have just purged the sessions database which may have been storing some login info from the old site - see if this has made a difference.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lev wrote:
We have just purged the sessions database which may have been storing some login info from the old site - see if this has made a difference.
Nope, just tired it twice at 0936 and 0938 with the same result, had to login both times. Have cleared the HHAD cookie and dumped the cache also before this. Pete :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:
Lev wrote:
Nope, just tired it twice at 0936 and 0938 with the same result, had to login both times. Have cleared the HHAD cookie and dumped the cache also before this. Pete :cheers:
Sorry, mine is the same, and I have followed Pete`s procedure. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!