HHAD on the move

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: HHAD on the move

Post by Lev »

We have now adjusted the cookie settings which may solve it - we will get to the bottom of this little glitch.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

OK, I may have solved it. This morning I bookmarked: forum/ Now I have bookmarked this instead: forum/index.php which is the main index AFTER you log in.

I think by bookmarking the first link mentioned, it was always taking me back to the login screen even if I had selected to stay logged in. This second link is now working and I appear to be staying logged in. Pete :cheers:

Edit: Damn, forget ALL the above. Just tried it again and I'm back at the login screen with both bookmarked links.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

This is not the issue - it is the way the local cookie interacts with the session ID, changing the cookie domain 2 minutes ago may have solved it.

Forget the bookmarks for now - the site needs to be moved again from forum/ to http://www.huahinforum.com/
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lev wrote:We have now adjusted the cookie settings which may solve it - we will get to the bottom of this little glitch.
OK, I'm closing now (0955) and will remain off for 5 minutes and see what happens when I come back. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

prcscct wrote:
Lev wrote:We have now adjusted the cookie settings which may solve it - we will get to the bottom of this little glitch.
OK, I'm closing now (0955) and will remain off for 5 minutes and see what happens when I come back. Pete :cheers:

OK, success. Opened address: forum/ and I was still logged in from before. :D Pete :cheers:

EDIT: Noted about bookmark
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

OK, mine worked this time. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

:cheers: We get there in the end!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We are now fully transferred to huahinforum.com so please go ahead and change your bookmarks to that.

All external links have permanent redirects so the effect on search engine placement should be minimal.

Please post any further issues you have here and we'll get to work on them. Thanks for your patience and support.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Per Kork's post in the Town Bar Moving thread. Pete :cheers:

"@Mods - suddenly a lot of the email notifier links seem to be broken."
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

They should automatically redirect - unless they have other code inserted by people's email providers.

If a sample link can be posted we will look at it.

Edit: we have reset the board cookies again for the latest change so it will log you out once or twice, hopefully this will all be resolved as it settles down.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Seems to be working normally now, at least for me. I clicked on one of the previously 'broken' redirects. It took me to the right place in the right thread and apparently also correctly logged in.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I haven't changed anything and all works as it should. Same bookmark and redirecting sweetly.
www.35mmview.com
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Well, must say that I like the new news headlines bar on all the pages, pretty flash gents, nice one, good call. :thumb:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol