Hua Hin Forum software/server upgrades

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Re: HHAD forum software upgrade

Post by The understudy »

Hi there Y'all on HHAD

I hafta give the Admin and the entire Mod Team two thumbs up for tthis nicely done Software update!
The new and improved looks are simply nice, and from
the functionality side I hafta still test what this improved HHAD Fora Baby has to offer but 1st impressions ain't wrong and good!

Keep it up when I'm done with all the tests I'll post once again!!!

Your's The understudy!!! :cheers:
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lev wrote:We have experienced varying results with IE at differing zoom levels on different resolutions, wide-screens are the best performing. If you stretch the window you can often see it appearing and disappearing
Just did that and the sidebar zoomed up to its correct position, so that was nice and easy. Also note that I could edit the 'quote' this time!

:cheers:
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

BaaBaa. wrote:
Roel wrote:what I miss is the button to skip directly to the last post. Any change we get that back?
It's still there mate. :?
Actually it's gone from the home page, if I click onto the latest topic it takes you to the first post of the thread, unlike the one to the right on any of the forum pages that takes you to the last.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

STEVE G wrote:
BaaBaa. wrote:
Roel wrote:what I miss is the button to skip directly to the last post. Any change we get that back?
It's still there mate. :?
Actually it's gone from the home page, if I click onto the latest topic it takes you to the first post of the thread, unlike the one to the right on any of the forum pages that takes you to the last.
Ah, OK, I never view the homepage, it's a limited way of viewing the forum.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I just noticed it earlier as I sometimes use the home page if I just want a quick look at what is current.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Correct. Gone from the home page. Maybe the professionals full time posters do not use the home page but I think many others, including myself, do. Probably not a big thing to get it back?

Another question: how do I upload pictures. Must I request with admin to change some settings in order to be able to upload pictures like we had to do in the past??
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Roel wrote:Another question: how do I upload pictures. Must I request with admin to change some settings in order to be able to upload pictures like we had to do in the past??
See Lev's post on the second page of this thread. Part of it:

"Photos and Attachments
Photo uploading and file attachments are now available to all members with more than 10 posts. Below the post window is an attachment which you can use to simply upload files from your hard disk. Images must be kept below 800 pixels wide and all files below 200Kb in size or they will be rejected." Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We still have the latest topics list on the home page:
Attachments
front.gif
front.gif (48.21 KiB) Viewed 583 times
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

What has gone though is that little symbol after each thread on the home page that took you to the last post.
It's not really a problem if you know that as you can go straight to the forum, but if it's just a question of settings, it was handy.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

A much better layout and all works OK for me, except, even though I have signed in, it does not show me as "online" and I am not in the registered users at the bottom either. :cry:

I have Vista and FF, so don't know if I have done anything wrong.

A big round of applause to the Admin team for their hard work. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Well I mooched around (longer than 5 mins so can't edit last post :oops: ) and found a button to press and I'm now visible online. :dance:

Old dogs new tricks. Sorry.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

I was reading the "protecting my assets" thread and have noticed the adverts for bank and weather are overlapping the posts.
no more dePreston
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

poosmate wrote:I was reading the "protecting my assets" thread and have noticed the adverts for bank and weather are overlapping the posts.
This is because one of the posts in that thread is too wide, the text in it has pushed the column width out.

The 'jump to last post' button in the latest topics list is not available with this version of it.

We have now got the search index functioning fully again and will experiment with different side bar options shortly.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

what am i doing wrong
pic is 792 wide
916 high
192kb
i take the ticks out disable bbcode and attach sig
i go to upload attachment browse find the picture double click and the url appears in the left
i click add file and it comes at the top uploading file but when i preview or submit nothing
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
buksida

Post by buksida »

sargeant wrote:916 high
Max dimensions are 800x800, if you need to resize it try www.shrinkpictures.com
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson