Hua Hin Forum server outage

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote:Athough performance has been restored today, I've been getting some strange responses eg:

I've also been getting Found 1 Match, with nothing listed - seems to be adding 1 more than there actually is.
Well I've just logged on for the first time today and thats still happening, but I would never have noticed apart from looking at BB's post (in fact, it took me a while to work out what was wrong in the cut and paste he displayed :roll: )! Screen tells me that there are 37 posts, but counting them, there are only 36. :D

Mind you, I'm not very good at maths either! :?
Talk is cheap
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

I'm a match short too :? :?

SJ
buksida

Post by buksida »

There seem to be a couple of different problems here, yes the site has been slow but as bossman said they can't get a response from the host on this so are stuck with it for a while.

The other problem maybe due to some database maintenance to try and speed the site up - clearing out the sessions table (which stores posts since last login) helps, this was done yesterday morning and will only affect you for one login (or session).

Thai sites will load fast because they're on servers in Thailand which is similar to a 'local network', HHAD is on a box in the US so it'll be slower. Hosting it in Thailand would be a bad idea as the censors would have complete control over it and could shut it down at their whim (or if some property eejit with a bit of cash has a problem with it - and there are a few of these about).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Seems ti be back to normal now, alhough I am not adding up the numbers of posts again!
Talk is cheap
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: HHAD server outage

Post by Lev »

We would like to apologise to all of our readers and contributors for the forum outage today. A massive power surge due to exploding power transformers on the east coast of the US, which has been hit by a huge hurricane, knocked out our database servers.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin Forum server outage

Post by richard »

Figured 'Sandy' had something to do with it. Nice that it's back up and running. Was beginning to feel lonely :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

ahh, was getting worried, a whole day without updates, glad you are back
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Glad to see everything is back up & running again, no apologies required :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

redzonerocker wrote:no apologies required :cheers:
Agreed - a beer all round will suffuce! :cheers:
Talk is cheap
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We are still experiencing technical glitches with our database so it seems the hosting/server company has not yet fully fixed the problem.

Apologies for any further outages.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We would like to wish all of our readers a happy 2013 and apologise for the errors and technical glitches that have been occurring over the past few hours. It is being looked into.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

If the information helps, I have been struggling to post on the board. When I connected through a VPN connection, posts went through straight away.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Don't think that's related, the previous issues were solved by running a repair on the DB.

Is anyone else having problems posting (99% of them are due to crappy connection speeds, very common during Thai holidays!)
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

buksida wrote:Don't think that's related, the previous issues were solved by running a repair on the DB.

Is anyone else having problems posting (99% of them are due to crappy connection speeds, very common during Thai holidays!)

Have only posting a few ,but no problems here.

Happy new year to all off you..

:cheers: :cheers:
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

buksida wrote:Don't think that's related, the previous issues were solved by running a repair on the DB.

Hmm well I don't have a connection speed issue I'm sure. As going through a VPN is never going to INCREASE the speed :)

Also, if people are having problems posting, they may not have access to a VPN/Proxy connection to be able to tell you about it. I'm still having the same issue today. Can read but not post unless connected to my British VPN.