HHAD/Awol partnership

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

HHAD/Awol partnership

Post by Lev »

HHAD will be entering into a media partnership with local weekly publication Awol. The Observer Group will be pulling out of operations and association and Awol will become independent of them. HHAD has long sought a print presence in town and this new publication looks like the right avenue for us.

The partnership will include content sharing, marketing and joint sales offering advertising packages that span both print and web.

We look forward to a long and prosperous partnership that will benefit both publications well into the future. Competition is cut-throat and funds are tight around town so combining our efforts to offer existing and potential customers even more exposure and value for money is the only way forward.

Please PM or contact us if you are interested in our new advertising packages. They will initially be offered on a monthly and three monthly basis at unrivaled value, our standard internet advertising packages will still be available.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Good luck with it.
Will it stay B&W or become 'colour glossy'.
Will it be more widely distributed, not easy to find right now I find.

From personal point of view if rates are competitive (existing glossy publications are currently ridiculously expensive) and it gets widely distributed, then we'll go for ads as will other I know, who are pulling out of existing publications due to them not wiseing up to global crunch and offering reduced deals. They've missed a trick.

Again, good luck.

SJ
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Hi Lev/Mods,

I think that's great(the collaboration), I hope everything works out well and IMO that's a great move, a printed publication would be cool, right move.

Sorry to be pedantic/stupid/inept etc but could you elaborate on who AWOL are for us/people that read anywhere(regardless of whether they post or not) or are haven't been a member for "God knows how long" etc.

To anyone who is not familar with HH or HHAD it(AWOL) means "Absent without leave".

For many, the question would be " Who is AWOL?"

OK, I am aware of the insinuations of all of this, but many may not be.

Can you tell us more because some may not understand that post, especially the ones outside Thailand.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: HHAD/Awol partnership

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lev wrote: HHAD will be entering into a media partnership with local weekly publication Awol.
It's a local weekly publication.
This is the way
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

mostly giggles and gossip with a bit of hard reportage thrown in

perfect and a great move for HHAD :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Is it still gonna be availabe on-line and if so workable? Some issues are fine, some have caused all sorts of problems when trying to open, so I gave up.

I assume there are plans to enhance it?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote:Is it still gonna be availabe on-line and if so workable? Some issues are fine, some have caused all sorts of problems when trying to open, so I gave up.

I assume there are plans to enhance it?
I've just tried to download it twice, and on both occasions received gobbledygook.

edit:

This is the link I tried: http://www.observergroup.net/awolbackissue.htm
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Big Boy and caller,
I just downloaded the latest issue and discovered what the problem is - the file (for some reason) downloads with the file extension .pdf.html when it is just a pdf file, I changed the file name myself so that it was just .pdf and the it is fine. However I am going to contact AWOL to inform them of this glitch as I am sure it is causing less techy people some problems.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

Good work Wanderlust :cheers:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Apparently the problem is now fixed - the downloads have been moved to another file hosting service, so anyone who has had problems can try again (just remember to refresh the page on the Observer site before doing so though as when I just tried it the page hadn't updated because of the cache in my browser - once refreshed it led me to MediaFire instead of SaveFile for the downloads and worked perfectly).
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

When I click on the link, I am taken to a site called media fire to download the file from, is that right?
Talk is cheap
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Yes it is, as I noted above :wink:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Wanderlust wrote:Yes it is, as I noted above :wink:
Oops - sorry, didn't notice that!!! :oops:
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Wanderlust wrote:Big Boy and caller,
I just downloaded the latest issue and discovered what the problem is - the file (for some reason) downloads with the file extension .pdf.html when it is just a pdf file, I changed the file name myself so that it was just .pdf and the it is fine. However I am going to contact AWOL to inform them of this glitch as I am sure it is causing less techy people some problems.
Thank you very much - its working fine now. First time I've seen the publication. I enjoyed reading it, and believe it has a lot of potential.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've googled 'awol magazine' and there seems to be some already. What are the legalities of this? Do you need to check if others already have a copyright? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source