HHAD database problems

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

HHAD database problems

Post by Lev »

Some of you may have seen this message when logging onto HHAD recently:

phpBB: Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

It occurs when too many people are logging in at the same time, our technical gurus are on the case and the hosting company will fix this.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Good to know, got that yesterday when I logged on first thing in the morning. Later it was ok.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

It occurs when too many people are logging in at the same time
Quite a nice problem really, makes one feel all warm and wanted... :mrgreen:
www.35mmview.com
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I'll take this moment to thank Lev and all mods :thumb: I really enjoy the site.

Again thanks for all the work.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

So what happened this time???
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We apologize for the lengthy outage today, a hardware failure on the server (which lives in the US) caused all websites hosted there to fail and show the default page which read "site suspended".

Throughout the day we have tried to get it setup on a new server but to no avail due to the size of the site and the incompetence of the hardware and server vendors in the States.

We are now running on another server and creating multiple backups should we need to move it again.

We thank you for the support many of you have given us throughout this testing day.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

I thought it was a crime against humanity and constituted cruel and unusual punishment :D :shock: :shock:
I couldnt get my daily 9 am HHAD fix :lach:
cold turkey all day but i am fine now you are back :rasta: :dance: :dance:

It makes me appreciate all the more what you guys do for us thanks very very much :clap: :clap:

Dont do it again :tsk: :lach: frightened me to deaf :cheers: :cheers:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Hi Lev,

No worries,

It was interesting because I was actually half-way though a new post on the 'news thread' when it crashed/had problems.

I thought it was me because the first message was "This account has been suspended". I thought it was me/what did I say. Worried for a minute. :shock:

Many thanks for the second message about 'hardware problems/back shortly' etc, was most reassuring etc.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

HHAD database problems

Post by Arcadian »

I must admit I thought there might have been a censorship problem, I got a lot of stick from Mrs. and Miss A as I was showing signs of withdrawal symptoms.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

site

Post by redzonerocker »

spitfire wrote:
I thought it was me because the first message was "This account has been suspended". I thought it was me/what did I say. Worried for a minute. :shock:

Many thanks for the second message about 'hardware problems/back shortly' etc, was most reassuring etc.
exactly the same scenario for me :( :oops:
totally relieved when i got online this evening :thumb:

great work guys :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

Same for me i was so happy when my favourite forum came back on line.
Thanks to all the back room boys. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Phew, I thought I was having a bad trouser day... :oops:
www.35mmview.com
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Re: HHAD database problems

Post by Guess »

Arcadian wrote:I must admit I thought there might have been a censorship problem,............
Yes me too. All sorts of scenarios passed through my mind.

It might be an idea to drop a quick polite line to the service suppliers telling that the message stating the the service has been suspended gives out the wrong message.

I can understand why they may not want to publish to the world that they have a hardware error but I'm sure they could come up with a message that has no adverse implications.

What I couldn't understand is why it took them so long. My calculation was that the system failed in the middle of the day.

A lot would depend upon the kit being used but I have never heard of such a long outage before.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Curious. The message I got (can't recall exactly) indicated non-payment of bill, followed later by technical error. Must be the credit crunch. :wink:

In keeping with the 'paranoia' being displayed by comments along the lines of 'it must be something I said'. One hopes that the 'dissident' noises on the board would not lead to the site coming under scrutiny and being subjected to cyber attack. You might assume that old farts speculating in a sleepy Asian backwater would be of little interest to the spooks. Trouble is that much spookdom has been privatised and private companies are likely to be on bonuses for every 'dissident' they identify on the internet both inside and outside the U.S. The free market security state is a private companies dream. Maybe, like Afghans, its $500 per head for every 'terrorist' they identify.

I know I've been a marked man, considered an America-hating threat to freedom and democracy, after once ordering 'Pad Thai' in favour of a 'Big Mac'. This marks me out clearly as Anti-Capitalist. A train with shackles and the Halliburton gas chambers await. :shock:

On the other hand it could just be this little fella...

Glad to see the site back up. :thumb:
"Let no one who has the slightest desire to live in peace and quietness be tempted, under any circumstances, to enter upon the chivalrous task of trying to correct a popular error."---William Thoms
buksida

Post by buksida »

The 'account suspended - pay your bill' message was a fckup by the hosting company ... it should have said 'server toasted - go down the pub'.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson